Green City Market operates year round. We have three locations during the outdoor season, which operate as follows: Green City Market Lincoln Park: May-October, Wednesdays & Saturdays, 7am-1pm, located at the south end of Lincoln Park. Green City Market West Loop: June-October, Saturdays, 8am-1pm, located in Mary Bartelme Park*New* Green City Market on the northside: June-October, Thursdays, 4-8pm
Our Indoor season runs November –April at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.
See below for general demo information for the upcoming 2017 Outdoor Season. Again, thank you for your support of Green City Market!
- Dates are confirmed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Cancellation Policy: Because we publicize your appearance and shoppers look forward to your demo, we require at least 72 hours notice of cancellation.
- All demos begin at 10:30 a.m. at our Lincoln Park and West Loop locations and 6:30p.m. at our Wrigleyville location. Please arrive at least 30 minutes ahead to prep and set up your demo station.
- Your demo should be based on what is in season and available at the market that day. The goal is for market-goers to be able to purchase ingredients for your recipe that day. ALL MAIN INGREDIENTS MUST BE FROM THE MARKET.
- Please bring along staff to assist in prepping and passing samples, distributing recipes/business materials, answering questions about your restaurant, and cleanup.
- The market supplies a demonstration area, 2 propane burners, 2 large wooden cutting boards and plates/bowls/utensils for sampling. Please bring your own knives, pans, utensils and any other equipment you will need for your demo.
- Electricity can be provided upon request.
- We strive to recycle/compost as much as possible at GCM; please use eco-friendly serving materials.
- There is no set amount of required portions for sampling. The more people who can sample your food, the more opportunity you have to promote your restaurant.
- Please bring at least 50 copies of your recipe to distribute. Feel free to bring business cards and/or other marketing materials. Also, submit your recipe electronically by emailing email@example.com so we can promote your demo through our social media outlets.
- For our Lincoln Park location, Demo chefs may park on Stockton in the "Chef Parking Zone" on the north east side of the market. For our West Loop location, Demo chefs may park in the vendor parking area on Peoria St. For our Wrigleyville location, Demo chefs may park XXX
- The length of your demo is up to you, but typically they run about 30 minutes, followed by a Q&A period while samples are passed to attendees.
Green City Market Administrative Office 2613 W. Lawrence AvenueChicago, IL firstname.lastname@example.org