Back2School for the 2021-22 School Year: Family Letter & Consent Form for All Students
More than ever before, we all – individually and collectively – share responsibility for the well-being of our students, staff, families, and neighbors. This is particularly true when it comes to students returning to school this fall. In order to keep our community safe, the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH), in collaboration with the Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) and Providence Public School District (PPSD), has developed robust health and safety protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic. These protocols are based on the latest medical research, best practices, and with input from our public health advisors, and other stakeholders. As a result, we are implementing key mitigation strategies recommended by the CDC including masking, social distancing, hand washing, air filtration, COVID-19 testing, and contact tracing.
I commit to do my part to follow these protocols, so that we can help all our students and staff be well and thrive. In addition, I agree to:
(1) Follow all rules for my child’s participation in school activities.
(2) Collaborate with school staff to help ensure that my child follows all rules for masking, hand washing, and social distancing, as set forth in PPSD materials.
(3) Ask my child appropriate health screening questions every day and keep my child at home if the answer to any of the screening questions is yes (e.g., if they have a fever) or they are otherwise ill.
(4) Keep my child home AND report to my school if my child or another member of our household has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
(5) If my child has a confirmed case of COVID-19, or is a close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, my child cannot return to school until they complete any required quarantine or are cleared by an authorized healthcare provider.
(6) Have my child participate in PPSD’s COVID-19 Testing Program, which includes both asymptomatic and symptomatic testing.
(7) Ensure that, if my child becomes ill while attending in-person school, my child is picked up promptly after receiving an on-site COVID-19 test.
Tests will be performed using a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test. For each test, your child will receive a nasal swab. Parents will receive a phone call if a child tests positive.
Additionally, if your child displays symptoms while at school, school nurses will be able to utilize a BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Rapid Antigen Test and/or a PCR test to conduct symptomatic testing in order to expedite the testing timeline for students.
School administrators will have access to the results of the BinaxNOW and PCR tests. If you have any questions about testing through this program, please reach out to your child’s school.
I understand that failure to sign and return this form may limit my child’s ability to fully participate in school programming. Furthermore, failure to comply with the rules herein may endanger our entire community and require PPSD to take steps necessary to protect the welfare of other students and staff in the building. I acknowledge that I have reviewed these risks and expectations.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
360 High School
Alan Shawn Feinstein Elementary School (Broad Street)
Anthony Carnevale Elementary School
Asa Messer Elementary School
Carl G. Lauro Elementary School
Classical High School
Del Sesto Middle School
Dr. Jorge Alvarez High School
Dr. Jorge Alvarez High School - 9th Grade Academy
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School
E Cubed Academy
Esek Hopkins Middle School
Fortes Lima Elementary School
Frank Spaziano Elementary School
George J. West Elementary School
Gilbert Stuart Middle School
Harry Kizirian Elementary School
Hope High School
Juanita Sanchez Education Complex (JSEC)
Leviton Dual Language
Lillian Feinstein Elementary School (Sackett Street)
Mary Fogarty Elementary School
Mount Pleasant High School
Nathan Bishop Middle School
Nathanael Greene Middle School
Pleasant View Elementary School
Providence Career & Technical Academy
Reservoir Avenue Elementary School
Robert F. Kennedy Elementary School
Robert L. Bailey Elementary School
Roger Williams Middle School
Vartan Gregorian Elementary School
Veazie Street Elementary School
Webster Avenue Elementary School
West Broadway Middle School
William D Abate Elementary School
Young Woods Elementary School
What is your child's date of birth?
What is your phone number?
What is your email?
Parent/Guardian's Digital Signature
Please type your name
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service