2. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PARTICIPATION I confirm that I am at least 18 years of age and can provide proof if asked by any Kanar Gaming Enterprises (KGE) representative. (A) I understand that: (1) KGE and its agents have taken steps to minimize the risks to Kanar event participants against personal injury but KGE cannot completely guarantee that no injury will come to me. (2) It is possible I may slip and/or fall on the terrain, fall over naturally occurring obstacles in the darkness or other unforeseen accidents. (3) Kanar is a contact sport / game and there is a risk of injury from other participants and items including but not limited to padded weapons. (4) It is my responsibility to have an awareness of possible dangers at events and will actively attempt to minimize those dangers thereby contributing to the safety of KGE, Kanar and its participants. (5)There are risks involved in participating in the events sponsored by KGE. I shall not legally hold KGE, its agents and representatives or any persons associated with KGE liable for damages or restitution resulting to an injury suffered in the course of participating in KGE events or Kanar. (B) I confirm that I am in good physical health. I confirm that I do not suffer from any physical disabilities that would inhibit my ability to play or place me in harm’s way. (C) I confirm that I have read and understand the Statements of Policy both corporate and game issued and will abide by these, the rule book and any future policies, rules, or clarifications set down by KGE and its agents. (D) I confirm that a failure to abide by this agreement, the Statements of Policy both corporate and game issued, the rule book and any future policies, rules, or clarifications set down by KGE and its agents could result in my expulsion from the organization and/or possible legal action.
3. PHOTOGRAPHY AND RECORDINGS. Anyone that attends any KGE Events may have their photograph taken during the course of events or may be filmed. KGE reserves the right to use these materials for promotional purposes, on the official Kanar website, in any social media, and in printed media. If you do not wish your image to be used in such fashion, you must notify the Media Director in writing. A reasonable effort will be made by KGE to avoid use after such notification.
4. WAIVER AND RELEASE OF ANY FUTURE CLAIMS. (A) There are risks inherent in participating in KGE Events, including risks in the dealing with the general public, traveling to and from events, and participating in public competitions. These risks include the risk of bodily harm (including without limitation, death) and property damage or loss. (B)Being fully cognizant of the risks of participating in a KGE Event, I hereby assume those risks. Except to the extent due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of KGE, and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, in consideration of being allowed by KGE to participate in the KGE Events, I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION that I may now or hereafter have against KGE arising in connection with or relating to my participation in any KGE Event or arising from unofficial KGE programs and events offered by others. I hold harmless KGE, against any and all claims resulting from such participation, including, without limitation, claims for compensation, defamation, or invasion of privacy, or other infringements or violations of personal or property rights of any sort whatsoever.
5. AUTHORIZATION FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT. In the event I should sustain injuries or illness while involved in a KGE Event, I hereby authorize KGE to arrange for emergency first aid, medications, and/or hospital treatment.
6. CHOICE OF LAW. This Release shall be binding upon me and my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, and shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Michigan, which shall be the venue for any legal action. This Release constitutes the entire agreement among the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter of this Release and supersedes any and all such previous agreements among the parties, whether written or oral.
7. CONFIDENTIALITY. KGE strongly believes in the confidentiality of all contact information. KGE promises that it will not rent or sell this contact information. However, I hereby grant to KGE the right to use the personal contact information provided here to support and promote KGE, and its research, program evaluation, alumni efforts, and/or other outreach activities.
8. PROPERTY: I understand that KGE is not responsible for any personal property that I leave or lose on KGE property. I consent to KGE’s reasonable use of any personal property that I leave on KGE property.
9. AUTHENTICITY OF INFORMATION I have filed out this Annual Registration Form fully, to the best of my knowledge, and have not provided any false information.
10. SIGNATURE I understand that this form involves a release of legal rights. By affixing my signature to the front of this document, I hereby consent and agree to the above.