− To reach out to women (clients) targeted by DOT and AWARE to get an in-depth understanding of their needs and challenges, especially those that relate to employment and employability.
− Provide friendship and be an information source between DOT/AWARE and clients.
− To refer the women for support programs available such as Confidence Curriculum, Helpline, Counselling or others.
Minimum volunteering commitment:
- 1 x full-day training OR 2 x half-day training
- Able to commit for a minimum period of 6 months, conducting at least assessment interviews / follow-up reports with at least 2 clients each month.
- Able to attend half-yearly meetings to share experience and learnings with other befrienders.
Volunteer scope involves:
- Establishing a system of contacting assigned clients to complete required interviews.
- Conducting needs assessment interviews / follow-up reports using a form provided.
- Submitting reports in a timely manner through email, and elaborating through phone calls with DOT’s personnel when required.
If you would like to sign-up as a Befriender, please complete this online form. We will be in touch with you when there are upcoming training sessions to get you started!