The School Retool opportunity is open to school leaders in public schools in the Western Pennsylvania area.
The Allegheny Intermediate Unit is thrilled to collaborate with School Retool to host this fourth regional cohort in the area.
We are seeking leaders who want to change the status quo of public education, are passionate about access to Deeper Learning for all students, are willing and ready to try out a new, immersive learning experience, and are committed to fully participating in the work of the fellowship.
As a School Retool cohort member, you will engage in:
- 4 full-day School Retool workshops at a central location
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- 1 full-day to shadow a student in your school between Wednesday, January 29, 2020 and Thursday, February 20, 2020 (workshop 1 and workshop 2)
- Approximately 1-4 hours per week of other School Retool activities, hacks, and coaching between workshops
Applications are due by January 15, 2020. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible.
The costs for the School Retool fellowship, including workshops, breakfast/lunch, and all curricular materials, is $950. A limited number of full and half scholarships are available for districts with 40% or higher free and reduced lunch rate.
Districts interested in sending teams of 3 or more will be eligible for a discounted rate.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or Tyler Samstag with the AIU at Tyler.Samstag@aiu3.net