Professional Development FY21
We recognize the uniqueness of this year and the need for professional development to be relevant to the workplace of today, yet flexible because of COVID.
There are a variety of options offered this year because of, well, COVID. New this year, you may choose to enroll in FVCC credit classes, higher-level classes from another university, or our new Leadership FVCC class! Professional development courses are also offered, but there will be fewer than in previous years.
You are encouraged to enroll in FVCC credit classes because of, you guessed it, COVID, and, you will have a chance to have a first-hand student experience! Many credit classes provide learning opportunities directly relevant to the workplace; however, if you would like to take one that is personally enriching, you may do that because your well-being is important too!
All courses will have limited class sizes because of, yup, COVID, (unless they are conducted via ZOOM). If a class experiences high demand, it will be evaluated for offering an additional course. Classes will be closed as they are filled, so don't wait until the end of the year to try to take a class!
Employees must consult with their supervisors before registering in order to collaborate on department scheduling and value-added training opportunities for growth. If you change your mind or are unable to attend a session after registering, please contact Jordyn Seyer at
as soon as possible so your seat may be opened for someone else.
FVCC Email Address
Choose up to four points by marking the checkboxes in the list below. Refer to the Professional Development Schedule at
for course details. The course schedule numbers correlate to the registration numbers.
** PRINT THIS DOCUMENT FOR A RECORD OF YOUR ENROLLMENT **
1. Fire Extinguisher Use - By Invitation Only (1 point)
BY INVITATION ONLY
2. Run, Lock, Fight (1 point) Learn how to take action to protect yourself and others in the event of an active shooter, violent behavior, or threat on campus. Hands-on, active participation, and response actions during this course. New employees are highly encouraged to attend.
3. Writing Professional Emails (1 point) Your written communication skills can help you succeed—or hold you back. In any role, you must be able to convey your ideas in ways that effectively communicate your message. Learn some tips on professionally and effectively writing professional emails.
5. ZOOM, ZOOM, ZOOM (1 point) 2020 gave us a crash course into conducting meetings via ZOOM. This course will give tips on how to take your ZOOM use to the next level. This course is intended for using ZOOM in a professional capacity, not for the classroom.
6. Learn Microsoft Teams (1 point) The alternative to ZOOM
7. CPR/AED - First Responder (1 point) For first-time learners or as an annual refresher, this training will teach adult CPR, how to use an AED, and respond to a choking victim. This is a hands-on course practicing on mannequins, so wear comfortable clothing for being active.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Flathead Valley Community College.