DigitalOcean Meetup Organizer Application Form
What are DigitalOcean Meetups?
DO Meetups are local communities that bring together software developers of all skill levels to share resources, learn, and form discussions around cloud hosting-related topics. Meetups are led by volunteer organizers — DigitalOcean Meetup Explorers — and typically meet monthly.
What do DigitalOcean Meetup Organizers do?
- Create and maintain the Meetup.com page of your local chapter.
- Organize great monthly in-person events: taking care of the details and overall experience.
- Invite community members and partners to participate.
- Rally support in person and online by sharing the event with your network, tech blogs/newsletters, and social media.
Why organize a DigitalOcean Meetup?
- You’d love to bring people together and help grow your city’s developer community.
- You’re always learning and enjoy spreading the word about the latest technologies.
- You can’t wait to share things you and others in your community have built on DigitalOcean.
What's the format of DO Meetups?
That's up to you and your co-organizers! We look to you to craft events that your community will find most valuable.
Inspire developers through stories and conversations.
- Hosting credit for you and your meetup members
- Preview and get early access to new features
- Being an extension of DigitalOcean and representing your community
- Events guidance/support from DigitalOcean including promotions, signage, and swag
Interested in helping grow the software developer community in your region? Please fill out this form and we'll be in touch soon!
How did you hear about the DigitalOcean Meetup Organizer program?
Tweet from DigitalOcean
Facebook post from DigitalOcean
How well do you know DigitalOcean?
I've read tutorials written by DigitalOcean
I've spun up a droplet on DigitalOcean
My personal applications are hosted on DigitalOcean
My company's applications are hosted on DigitalOcean
I haven't done any of the above, but I love DigitalOcean!
If selected, how much time would you be willing and able to dedicate to organizing and hosting events each month?
Time includes event planning time + hosting time.
Which of the following responsibilities are you willing and able to take on right now?
Select all that apply.
Host your own meetup
Come up with programming ideas
Give a talk
Find a venue
Promote your meetup
Please describe a DigitalOcean Meetup you'd like to organize. What's on the agenda? What makes it enticing to developers in your community?
Do you have access to a space that can hold the meetup? If so, please share its name and URL.
What's your t-shirt size?
I prefer women's cut t-shirts
Where can we send you swag (t-shirts, stickers, and more!)? [Street Address, City, State, Country]
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of DigitalOcean.