CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The Nothing is Newer than Tradition call for entry is open to emerging craftspeople only - specifically those in the early years of their professional careers who may still be undertaking undergraduate or graduate studies and have a small exhibition record. Applicants must have less than 5 years of professional practice to qualify as an emerging maker.- Applicants must hold an active Craft Ontario membership. For membership rates and benefits, please see: www.craftontario.com/membership-programs/join - Works in all craft-related media will be accepted for review by the jury.- Each applicant may submit a maximum of three works.- A set of multiples (such as a sculptural group) will be considered as a single work.- All submitted work must have been made within the last two years.- Submissions must include a completed application form, artist statement/biography, Curriculum Vitae (CV), as well as digital images of the work to be reviewed. Please see below for more details. - Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.- Acceptance into the Nothing is Newer than Tradition exhibition grants Craft Ontario a non-exclusive, non-transferable world-wide license to use the submitted digital images and accompanying information, in conjunction with the applicant’s name, to promote her or his work, and Craft Ontario as a whole.- Submission to the Nothing is Newer than Tradition call for entry indicates that the applicant agrees to the terms and conditions of the exhibition as outlined on the Craft Ontario website and call for entry.
- Jurors will assess work according to the exhibition theme, Nothing is Newer than Tradition. Jurors will be looking for innovative work that successfully combines technical skill with concept and function. - Works included in the exhibition must be for sale, and will be sold under the Craft Ontario Gallery consignment agreement of 50% for the exhibitor and 50% for the Gallery.- The Exhibitor will be responsible for insuring all work during shipping and delivery. Craft Ontario will insure all work for theft and damage while on the Gallery premises.- Works accepted for exhibition will be delivered/shipped to Craft Ontario at the exhibitor’s expense between Wednesday, August 9 and Monday, August 14, 2017. - At the conclusion of the exhibition, the Exhibitor will be responsible for picking up or shipping all unsold work from Craft Ontario between Wednesday, August 23 and Monday, August 28, 2017.
- DEADLINE: Applications must be submitted online no later than Friday, June 9, 2017, 11:59 EST.- NOTIFICATION: All applicants will be notified of the jury’s decision via email by Friday, July 14, 2017.- DELIVERY: Accepted works must arrive at Craft Ontario by Monday, August 14, 2017.- EXHIBITION DATES: The exhibition will take place at the Art Gallery of Burlington between August 19 and October 29, 2017.
- There are no fees required to apply.- All selected applicants for the exhibition will receive a $100 exhibitor honorarium.
1) Ensure that you have an active Craft Ontario membership. Your membership must be active by the submission deadline or your application will not be considered. For membership inquiries, please contact Ellen Hlozan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-925-4222 x 222.
2) Fill out the online application form, which will include contact information, the number of submitted work and details, a maximum of three digital images per submission, a biography/artist statement and curriculum vitae (CV).
3) Upload your digital images and CV to a file sharing program (Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc.). Create a link to share the files through the application form.
4) Digital images should be between 1 to 5 MB in size, with a minimum resolution of 72 dpi. Name images with your first and last name, followed by a number. Example: Jane_Smith_01, Jane_Smith_02, etc.
5) Ensure that a PC computer can process all document and image files. It is your responsibility to ensure that submitted files are not corrupt, illegible or improperly formatted. Please save your CV document as a WORD (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) document, and all image files as JPGs.
6) If you have any difficulties with the Nothing is Newer than Tradition application process please contact Janna Hiemstra at email@example.com or 416-925-4222 x 225.