We are keen to support you in your outreach work. By outreach, we mean any project that helps those who are not brothers and sisters with food, clothing, education, housing, emotional support etc. If brothers and sisters need help, please contact WCF for advice: firstname.lastname@example.org
We award grants of up to $2500 USD or $3000 CDN, though we might award more in exceptional circumstances. The Garden expects that certain conditions be met by any outreach project receiving a grant and these are listed below:
1. The applicant must be a Christadelphian.
2. The project must be based in North America.
3. The funds must only be used for the purpose for which they were requested, as described above. Any proposed change in use of funds must be approved by The Garden contact named.
4. We expect feedback as to how the funds have been used by means of short progress reports (quarterly for longer projects), photographs and a final report. Along with your reports, please also send photographs of receipts to email@example.com
Please make sure that all those in photographs have given their permission to have the photographs posted on our website.
5. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found below and we would ask that your feedback includes any instances of concern about safeguarding children or vulnerable adults.
6. We ask that the project acknowledge the input of The Garden if applicable. Examples of how this might be achieved are an acknowledgement in your newsletter, business meeting minutes, reports to "The Tidings" magazine, annual report and/or website, or a sign at the project site. A copy of our logo can be made available to you on request for publicity purposes.
7. We cannot make a commitment to fund beyond this grant.
8. We reserve the right to have a Garden representative visit the project.
9. If there is any money left over, it should be returned to WCF. Contact the treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy relating to the protection of children and vulnerable adults
The Garden believes that the welfare of all children and vulnerable adults is paramount. All children have the right to a happy, healthy and safe childhood. Any abuse of children is an abuse of their rights as set out in the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child. Child abuse is not acceptable under any circumstances. Equally, vulnerable adults have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence. The Garden expects that all those cared for and working in projects which receive its funding are protected from physical, sexual and emotional harm and are always treated with respect. Abuse is always wrong and it is never the young person or vulnerable adult’s fault.
The Garden will:
1. Publish this policy to all relevant recipients of its funds.
2. Expect each institution or project to have in place, or develop and implement comprehensive safeguarding policies appropriate to the activities taking place, which meet the standards required by government regulations.
3. Ensure that all Garden volunteers visiting projects will have a background check and will be aware of their own responsibility to ensure the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
4. Review this policy every 2 years.
5. The Garden reserves the right to visit projects which receive funding and audit compliance with country, institutional and WCF policies.
The project leader of all projects funded by The Garden will:
1. Report to The Garden any allegations of abuse, stating the source, allegation and the actions that have or will be taken to investigate the claim and resolve the situation in a robust and fair way.
2. Report to The Garden any disciplinary action taken against any of the team working at the project.
3. Pass to the appropriate social and/or government services proven reports of unacceptable behavior resulting in disciplinary action.
4. Submit to a signed statement that you understand and will comply with The Garden's policies for the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
If you have any questions or need advice on completing this form, please email email@example.com