The University of Georgia Indian Cultural Exchange (ICE) proudly presents the 24th annual UGA India Night on Saturday, February 3rd, 2018 at the Classic Center in Athens, GA.
We would like to thank you for your interest in participating in the biggest cultural event at the University of Georgia. UGA India Night has evolved and grown over its 20 years and we are working tirelessly to make it one of the largest and best competitions in the Southeast. UGA ICE guarantees to provide a professional and competitive atmosphere while raising awareness about Indian culture. Our hope is that you have a wonderful experience here in Athens, Georgia enjoying real southern hospitality and making unforgettable memories.
This year we will be selecting 8 Bollywood-Fusion Teams to compete for up to $3500 in cash prizes and trophies. Below you will find important preliminary registration information regarding deadlines, rules, and audition video submission guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com or call our registration chair, Neha Madangarli at (678) 232-2297.
We look forward to working with you, and wish you the best of luck!
UGA India Night Chairs
2. Submit Audition Video - you may email your link by the deadline or submit it within this google form if ready. Please submit in dropbox format; we will NOT accept YouTube videos.
3. Submit Non-refundable application fee - please submit via Venmo (@ugaice) or by check. Please make checks out to UGA Indian Cultural Exchange and mail them to 171A First St. Athens, GA 30601.
4. Complete this process by: Regular Registration Deadline - Sunday, October 29th, 2017 @ 11:59 PM EST Late Registration Deadline - Sunday, November 5th, 2017 @ 11:59 PM EST5. All components of your application will be solely accessed by the UGA India Night Executive Board and registration judges prior to decisions.
2. Any university, college, or independent organization is eligible to submit a team. UGA India Night does not discriminate against any college or university.
3. Preliminary registration must be filled out by the team captains/manager who will be the primary contact for the team.
4. Routine, introduction video, set up time, etc. must fall between 8-10 minutes (minimum of 4 minutes must be dancing). Those that do not fall within this range will be penalized.
5. Teams may use props during their performance. - No messy, breakable and/or hazardous props will be permitted on stage (i.e. glass, fire, confetti, glitter, fog, etc.). - UGA India Night will not be held responsible for transportation, damage or misplacement of any props.
6. UGA India Night has the right to decline the registration of any team.
7. All members must adhere to all UGA India Night guidelines, deadlines, rules and regulations. - Teams or team members disobeying rules and regulations can be disqualified from the competition, lose points off judging scores, lose security deposit and/or incur an additional penalty fee. - UGA India Night is not responsible for any damages caused to the venue/hotel by any team member. The cost of any damage must be paid in full by the team member (or the group the member represents).
8. There will be an Official Mixer that at least 80% of team is required to attend.
*TRANSPORTATION UPDATE: We will provide transportation to and from the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.
1. At least 75% of the participating team should be in the video. 2. All team members should be visible in the frame at all times.
3. The Audition Video should be a minimum of 2 minutes and a maximum of 4 minutes.
4. There should be no intro or transition slides in the video.
5. Videos should be taken in one continuous take. Any sign of editing will immediately disqualify the team.
6. The audition video should be taken at one angle only. Front and center at an elevated angle so all performers and formations can be seen.
7. Do not list the team’s name in the video itself. Do not add a text title with your team’s name on it. Performers should wear no semblance of college colors or logos. The background should have no sign of University affiliation.
8. The Audition video should be of good visual and sound quality. We recommend at least 720p quality.
9. Videos should be submitted via Dropbox. We will not accept YouTube Videos.
10. Please title the video UGAIndiaNight2018_AuditionVideo_Team Name
11. Any team that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for this year’s competition.
Sunday, November 5th, 2017 by 11:59 pm - Late Registration Deadline - Preliminary registration form should be submitted via Google forms - Audition Video Link sent in email body text to firstname.lastname@example.org - Non-refundable application fee of $70.00 paid via Venmo (@ugaice) or make checks out to UGA Indian Cultural Exchange and mail them to 171A First St. Athens, GA 30601.
Friday, February 2rd, 2018 - Sunday, February 4th, 2018 - UGA India Night Weekend