Federalists and Anti-Federalists
Read and analyze the two primary documents dealing with the question of the new constitution and answer the questions below. Review Federalist Paper No. 10 and Brutus I. Both documents can be found linked in the course website.
Federalist no. 10 - Publius -
Written by Publius (James Madison), Published November 22, 1787
Anti-Federalist - Brutus I -
Written by Brutus (Robert Yates), Published October 18, 1787
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Name (Last, First)
1. Write your own summary for what Madison is writing about.
2. Analyze the arguments Madison gives for ratifying the new constitution. What counter arguments does he anticipate against getting rid of the articles of confederation?
3. Write your own summary of what Brutus is writing about.
4. Analyze the arguments Brutus has against the passage of a new constitution. Why does he believe this is such an important issues?
1. Support or argue against Madison’s proposal based on what you know about the articles of confederation. Make a clear argument, explain your reasoning, and provide a piece of evidence to support your reasoning.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service