All potential adopters/fosters are required to complete an online application. We generally will respond to your application within 48 hours. Feel free to follow up your application with an email to PRMadopt@gmail.com.
Upon review and approval of your application, a phone interview with a member of our Adoption Team will be scheduled to discuss unique traits inherent to the breed and the dog you are interested in. If you have any questions, we encourage you to ask as we want to be sure you have all the information you need should you welcome one of our dogs into your home.Following the call, we may arrange a home visit by one of our adopters local to you. This is a short, informal visit in which our volunteer will discuss with you any safety issues they may notice. If possible, please ensure all family members are present. If approved by our Adoption Team, a contract between Puppy Rescue Mission and the adopter is required.
In order for us to best serve our dogs and applicants promptly, we ask you to consider the following before beginning the adoption process:
1. Please ensure your entire family / everyone living in the home to include roommates, etc is on board with adopting a new pet.
2. Please ensure that you are able to add another member to your family and commit relentlessly to this pet for the duration of their life (12-15 years+).
3. Please ensure you are able to provide the time required for training and integration into your home as well as financially providing for a newly adopted pet (increase in food costs, vet costs, etc). Consider your work schedule, school schedule, extracurricular activities, etc. Raising a well~rounded pet takes a lot of time & commitment. The rescues from war zones are not like the breeds that we in the USA are familiar with. They can be stubborn and require a special owner that will be patient and understand these animals are used to living without boundaries. They will take time to acclimate to their new environments.
4. Please contact any personal veterinarians, trainers, etc prior if you feel their input is valuable/necessary before beginning the adoption process.
5. Please consider any upcoming events that may hinder your ability to provide a stable, loving home for a new pet (large move in the near future, long vacations, changes in family dynamic, changes in finances, etc).
6. If you are renting your home make sure your landlord is aware of and approves of your desire to adopt before applying. We may ask for this. Also if you have several pets, please ensure that your local codes allow you to add another. Puppy Rescue MissionPO Box 1516Celina, TX 75009PRMadopt@gmail.com