Open Borders Conference, Call for Proposals
Versión en español:
Version résumée en français:
The one-day 2019 Open Borders Conference aims to create a space for activists, youth groups, scholars, organizers, educators, service providers, students, legal practitioners and other members of the community to come together and collectively imagine what a world of open/no borders might look like.
We invite individuals and collectives to submit proposals for round table discussions and workshops. Submissions are accepted in any language. We will provide language translation services in Spanish and French. Other language translation services can be arranged with the participation of presenters.
Proposals must be submitted by September 13th, 2019. You will receive a response no later than September 20th, 2019.
Institutional / Organizational Affiliation (if applicable):
I applying to:
Present a 5-minute talk within a roundtable discussion. (If selecting this option, please indicate the thematic cluster below).
Lead a 40-minute workshop (with your group or organization).
My proposal addresses the following topics (for 5-minute talks only):
1. Migration and mobility: Historical flows and diasporic patterns.
2. The US-Mexico border and its industrial/carceral complex.
3. Beyond nation-state: transnationality, statelessness, and refusal of the state.
4. No border experiences/histories/aesthetics
5. The border as norm; the border as exception.
6. Culture with no borders (literature, cinema, art, etc.).
7. Free transit: goods vs. people.
8. No/open borders methodologies.
9. Connection between abolitionist politics and Open/No Borders.
10. Connection between climate change and climate justice and Open/No Borders
11. Religious discrimination/ oppression and open/no borders
Please submit a 250-word abstract for your 5-minute talk (if applicable).
Please submit a 250-word abstract for your 40-minute workshop (if applicable).
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service