Look-in-Lab Maintenance Aid Volunteer
This is a trial position, and may be temporary. The purpose of this position is to help with general cleaning and maintenance tasks to improve the overall cleanliness and appearance of the look-in-lab (and possibly other labs).
• Must be over 18
• Must be able to life over 40 lbs
• Comfortable maneuvering large, awkward objects, stretching, & kneeling
• Willingness to handle live and dead animals
• Able to deal with unpleasant odors
Tasks will include, but will not be limited to:
• Cleaning windows inside of the Look-in-Lab
• Cleaning the floor under sink and under boaphiles and tanks
• Cleaning countertops
• Transferring darkling beetle larva from the darkling beetle enclosures to the superworm enclosures
• Algae scrubbing aquatic tanks
• Washing pebbles, sand, and other items in preparation for their use in tanks
• Rinsing aquatic plants
• Siphoning aquatic tanks
• Removing dead invertebrates from their enclosures
• Organizing/cleaning cupboards
• Organizing and cleaning refrigerator and freezer
• Emptying and cleaning tanks
• Performing back up animal care/bird care duties (might require additional training on a different day and time to be able to perform these duties)
• Closing down the lab when LC staff is out (turning off lights, starting dishwasher, checking that all animals are back in tanks, etc.)
Let us know any previous lab experience you might have
This job will probably involve cockroaches. Are you okay with roaches, and are there any other animals you aren't able to interact with, or are allergic to?
This position's current openings are from 2:00-4:00pm on the following days. Please choose any that you are interested in.
Are you a current CAS/PNNM volunteer?
I have volunteered in the past
Anything else we should know?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Chicago Academy of Sciences.
Terms of Service