- Task management (we would love “do-ers”!)
- Organizational communication (love to correspond with sponsors, other vendors?)
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter Instagram, Pinterest, TBW-do you love managing and posting on them?)
- Graphic design (love to come up with all our graphics?)
- Spreadsheet Wizards (anyone who has some great skills to help us stay organized on the spreadsheet front)
- People to reach out to vendors and businesses to inquire about donations and sponsorship's
- Multilingual people (as representatives of a global celebration people who can speak and write in multiple languages are assets to help with translating materials)
The Committee is responsible for developing new ideas to add to past International Babywearing Week successes including developing the IBW logo, graphics, and themes, soliciting and communicating with sponsors and other partners, registering vendors and official celebrating organizations, overseeing all International Babywearing Week-related social media and online events, etc. We are looking for volunteers with strong task management, organizational communications, and networking skills, and/or graphic design, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, TheBabywearer.com), online sales/product development, or web (WordPress and Google Forms) experience are particularly needed as well as representatives of diverse babywearing communities (including international representatives).
Committee members do not need to be Babywearing International members, volunteers, or educators. People from all nations are encouraged to apply. Volunteers will be expected to participate in the online planning Basecamp group to contribute to an assigned project, and participate in short monthly planning meetings online or via conference call. Time commitment will vary based on time of year and chosen task but expect to commit 2-5 hours/week plus additional time leading up to and during IBW.
International Babywearing Week will not promote events or groups that are known to discriminate against others or behave in an otherwise problematic way. We reserve the right to deny registration or participation rights to any group.
By becoming a member of the IBW committee you must abide by and uphold this nondiscrimination policy.