Please complete an application for each school-age child.
I understand the following conditions must be met in order for my child to be granted an exception:
- A written request must be filed at the school of choice during the months of December through March. You will not be notified until after March 30th if your child has been accepted or not. Please do not contact the school about acceptance until after April 19, 2023.
- The number of openings for exception students will be determined by the principal based on staffing and projected student enrollment.
- There will be no cost to or service provided by the Hardin County Board of Education. Transportation is the responsibility of the parent.
- Refer to the provisions of HCS district procedure 09.12 AP.1 for enrollment guidelines. The Superintendent or Superintendent's designee may remove or dismiss a nonresident student upon notice to the student's parent/guardian based on poor attendance, behavior issues. poor academic performance, and/or chronic disruption of the school environment by the student.
- Athletics eligibility is to be determined by KHSAA guidelines.
- Full-time employees shall have the option of enrolling their children in any District school as long as that school is below 95% of its capacity. If the school is above 95% capacity, the employee may apply to the school where they are working or its feeder school for convenience. Full-time employees will be considered and accommodated before other transfer requests. If employment ends, another nonresident application must be completed immediately.