Careers in Science 2020 Application
Careers in Science is a year-round, multi-year, science education and youth development program for San Francisco youth who come from communities typically under-represented in the sciences. This program is a paid internship that provides a variety of unique opportunities. Interns explore, explain, and sustain life both inside and outside of the museum, acquire transferable skills and confidence through authentic work experiences, and set educational and career goals in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
Application Deadline: April 3 (11:59 PM), 2020
Careers in Science is a paid, multi-year, year-round science education and youth development program for San Francisco high school students.
To be eligible for a Careers in Science internship, applicants must:
- Be a San Francisco resident who attends an SFUSD school (private school students will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Be a 9th or 10th grade student at the time of applying (2019-2020 school year)
- Be enrolled in school full-time and have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Be able to obtain a valid work permit (US citizens and others authorized to work in the US)
- Commit to all attendance requirements on a year-round, multi-year basis, including after-school, weekend, and summer work
- Be able to commute to the Academy in Golden Gate Park
- Demonstrate interest in and enthusiasm for learning about science, teaching science to diverse audiences, and conducting science research
CiS is a year-round internship. Interns are required to:
- Attend the New Intern Orientation (June 8-10, 2020 from 9 AM - 4 PM)
- Attend the overnight CiS Intern Retreat (June 15-17, 2020)
- Attend Tuesday trainings every week during the summer
- Attend Tuesday trainings every other week after school during the academic year
- Commit to working 10-16 hours per week during the summer, including at least one weekend shift (1/2 day)
- Work up to two weekdays (4:00 - 6:30 PM) after school and on Saturdays during the school year
- Attend an overnight, multi-day trip during spring break (required for SFUSD students only)
You will not be able to save a working copy of your application online. To preview the entire application, including all of the questions, select this link:
Page 1 of 7
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of California Academy of Sciences.