REGISTRATION FORM 6 week course: Cultivating Loving Kindness
Dates: January 21, 28 & February 4, 11, 18, 25
Time: 18:30 to 20:30
Online Zoom class:
Teacher: Luis Salamanca
- +351 937798055
The heart of this course will be a Loving-Kindness meditation (metta bhavana) that encourages us to be kind to ourselves and promotes a sense of connection and empathy with others. Metta means ‘love’ (in a non-romantic sense), friendliness, or kindness: hence ‘loving-kindness’ for short. It is an emotion, something you feel in your heart. Bhavana means development or cultivation.
Traditionally the benefits of cultivating Loving-Kindness include:
* Good sleep – we fall asleep and wake up happily, and don’t have nightmares!
* Love and appreciation from other people and animals.
* Swift concentration of mind.
* Protection from violence.
* A serene looking face! And
* An enhanced sens of meaning in every day life.
In this 6-week meditation course, we will:
o Receive an introduction/ check-up/ deepening to good meditation posture.
o Learn/ deepen & practice a Body Awareness meditation and ‘The Mindfulness of Breathing’ meditation.
o Learn/deepen & practice a loving-kindness meditation or Metta Bhavana.
o Study how the mind works (thoughts, emotions, feelings)
o Do pair and group exercises
o Be given daily life practice opportunities which will greatly enhance the benefits of the course by taking what you learn into our everyday life.
o Be sent emails each week to encourage us to practice between workshops.
o Have an opportunity to ‘free download’ meditations
The group will evolve together during the six weeks in which the participants will have frequent opportunities to discuss together with their peers and the teacher the insights, difficulties and questions that might arise during the course. A sense of supporting community may emerge, creating a suitable environment for learning and practicing.
What is your name ?
To complete registration you must pay in advance a 50% NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. The remaining 50% must be paid IN CASH at Agora the day of the first class. All payments are non-refundable.
I agree to these terms
Please select your method of payment
Sonia Amalric PT50 0023 0000 4554 8754 9229 4
Paypal "gift to a friend" to:
To complete registration please proceed to payment at Agora or email a copy of your transaction to
I understand that my registration will no be completed until I pay at Agora OR send the confirmation of the payment by email
- We will be having a constant flow of air in the room so please do bring warm and comfortable clothing.
- The space will be set in such a way that there will be around 1.5m between each person.
- If moving any nearer to the other students please wear your mask.
- When moving around inside the room, please wear your mask (including for any exercise during the workshop)
- When moving outside of the meditation room, please wear your mask
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service