Application for The Philadelphia Burlesque Festival 2018
Thank you for applying to the 4th annual Philadelphia Burlesque Festival, July 12-15, 2018.
Applications will be open through February 14, 2018. We are looking for acts of both neo and classic styles. This year, we are also specifically seeking creepy/spooky/horror acts for our Friday the 13th showcase.
We are unable to review any incomplete applications. Carefully follow the instructions and review your application before submitting it to the festival.
Your act submissions for the 2018 Philadelphia Burlesque Festival are reviewed by a board of 5 burlesque veterans. Should you not be accepted, we are willing to provide feedback if you are interested, but only upon request.
If you are accepted to the festival, you shall…
- Perform your accepted act on one of 4 nights of burlesque celebration at either Franky Bradley’s, our local cabaret spot, or the Historic Plays & Players stage.
- Get entrance into all other nights of the festival for free!
- Receive a $50 stipend for your performance.
- Receive a thank you package from our sponsors and a token from the festival.
- Get discounts to local businesses.
- Grant access to exclusive performer social events such as specialty happy hours, and the performer brunch on Sunday.
- Have the option to participate in community housing with a fellow local Philadelphia performer. The housing survey will be sent out along with your acceptance email.
(1) Fire can be included in a limited capacity and is subject to producer discretion.
(2) Our venues are sensitive to excessive or loose glitter, blood and confetti, so be aware that use of either may not be allowed.
(3) Absolutely no paint or dyes-- body dyes are fine as long as they are self-contained.
(4) No full nudity – pasties and a merkin must be worn.
(5) Up to three (3) submissions per applicant (including troupe, solo, and duet).
(6) We recommend solo act submissions remain under 5 minutes, and group/duet submissions under 7 minutes.
Along with your application, you must email two (2) photos of yourself to
. Your photos must be labeled/saved as your StageName_TPBF2018_PhotographerName (example: LibertyRose_TPBF2018_ChrisKPhotography). These photos will be used to promote you with the press and on the festival’s website if you are accepted to perform.
You must submit URL video of the act(s) you are planning to perform. Be sure your video URL is labeled with your performer name, is not password protected and will not expire. Please only use Vimeo or YouTube.
Upon completing your application, you must pay the application fee for each act submitted. Each submission (up to three) has a fee of $15.00 ($10.00 an act if you are local to Philadelphia). For example, if you are submitting only one act the total fee is $15.00. If you submit three acts, the fee is $45.00 ($30.00 for locals). All payments should be made via PayPal’s “Friends and Family” option to
The rubric for our review process can be found on our website.
If you have any other questions, please email us at
Thank you for applying!
Performer or Group Name:
Legal Name of Performer or Group Rep (If group, list all legal names following representative):
City/State/Country you want listed for promo:
Bio (100 words or less):
Age Verification as of 7/12/18 (ID is required of all performers to enter the venues):
I am at least 21 years of age.
I am under 21 years of age, but over 18.
One fun fact about yourself:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service