***Application Deadline has been extended to FRIDAY January 30th, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.***
Recognized in 2011 & 2012 as a National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award Finalist, the Teen Reviewers and Critics (TRaC) Program is a FREE after-school opportunity for teens to explore the arts in NYC. Teen participants spend 10 weeks attending performances and exhibitions all over NYC, meeting artists, learning the art of discussion and critical writing, publishing reviews on our online publication The Journal of Art and Reviews and so much more!
For more information about the TRaC program, please contact Keonna Hendrick, TRaC Program Manager, at email@example.com or 212-453-9485.
➢ Who is eligible to apply?
TRaC is open to any high school student (9th-12th grades) in NY and NJ who can commit to attending weekly workshops and additional events.
➢ When does TRaC happen?
Spring 2015 TRaC (Media, Theater, Music, Dance, and Film) will take place from March 11th to May 8th. Teens Curate Teens will take place from March 4th to July 1st. Each "TRaC" meets once a week for workshop. And there are 5 additional events (performances, shows, museum or gallery visits, etc.) that may take place immediately following workshop or on a different day.
➢ What in the world is a "TRaC?"
Applicants are invited to choose between 6 different TRaC sections depending on their interests and schedule:
• MEDIA TRaC meets Friday afternoons from 4:30-6:30pm; Media TRaC will meet on Monday, March 30th instead of Friday, April 3rd.
• FILM TRaC meets Fridayafternoons from 4:30-6:30pm. Film TRaC will meet on April 2nd instead of Friday, April 3rd
• THEATER TRaC meets WEDNESDAY afternoons from 4:30-6:30pm.
• MUSIC TRaC meets FRIDAY afternoons from 4:30-6:30pm; Music TRaC will meet on Thursday, April 2nd instead of Friday, April 3rd.
• DANCE TRaC meets FRIDAY afternoons from 4:30-6:30pm; Dance TRaC will meet on Thursday, April 2nd instead of Friday, April 3rd.
• TEENS CURATE TEENS TRaC starts Wednesday, March 4th and meets Wednesday afternoons from 4:30-6:30pm. After May 15th, teen curators will work with the program coordinator to schedule hours for gallery sitting and programming in the exhibition.
➢ Sounds awesome! What do I need to participate in TRaC?
TRaC is a FREE program. All you need is a metrocard to get home (no less than 3 fares on days when events take place immediately after workshop) and internet access (at school or at home) to keep up with schedule updates.
➢ I have all of those things! I'm ready to apply. What happens next?
After you submit your completed application, you may be contacted to participate in a group interview. You can expect to be notified about application status by February 23, 2014. TRaC begins the second week of March. Can't wait to see you there!
The Teen Reviewers and Critics (TRaC) program is made possible by the generosity of our funders: NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, Altman Foundation, The Robert Bowne Foundation, The Harold and Mimi Steinberg Charitable Trust, The Pinkerton Foundation, Con Edison, The Capezio/Ballet Makers Dance Foundation, and Sony Corporation of America.