APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 5:00 P.M. on December 16 , 2022 The Program
The Hammond Education Foundation is proud to offer the Keltner Future Teacher Scholarship funded by Jess & Margie Keltner, retired School City of Hammond administrators and teachers, to encourage the continuation of the teaching profession.
The Keltner Future Teacher Scholarship offers up to $10,000 per year, for four consecutive years, to a graduate of a Hammond public high school in order to help a future teacher enter today’s most rewarding, critical, and challenging profession. The recipient must attend full-time at an accredited college or university, major in education and maintain a 2.5 or higher grade point average. While not a requirement, upon completion of the undergraduate program, the graduate is encouraged to teach in an Indiana public school. Terms and Conditions
The recipient must pursue a four-year college degree leading to an Indiana teacher certificate and teach in a public school, preferably in Indiana. The recipient must maintain a 2.5 or higher grade point average as a full-time student (12 or more credit hours per semester) and provide an annual transcript showing proof of the student being an education major. The scholarship will be rescinded should the student change from an education major. Eligibility
The applicant must:
- Be a 2023 graduating high school senior from the School City of Hammond.
- Achieve an academic grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Have gained admission as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the fall 2023 term following high school graduation.
- Major in Education
- Student must complete the following online application.
- Student must include accurate academic data. If submitted academic information is inconsistent with information listed on the applicant's transcript, the application is subject to disqualification for further consideration. Student's Guidance Counselor must submit an official copy of the applicant’s high school transcript directly to the Hammond Education Foundation via email at HEF@hammond.k12.in.us
- To be considered, the completed application must be submitted online no later than 5 p.m., December 16, 2022.
Hammond Education Foundation committee members will select all scholarship recipients. In selecting scholarship recipients, consideration will be given to academic and extracurricular achievement, SAT scores, financial need, student goals and accompanying essays and personal statement.
Applicants will be evaluated on the information submitted; therefore, it is important to answer every question as completely as possible. The Hammond Education Foundation awards scholarships annually based on the factors described in the Eligibility section above. All information submitted is confidential.
An applicant may not receive more than one Hammond Education Foundation College Scholarship.
Recipients will be notified of receipt of their scholarship by February 3, 2023. Applicants not receiving a scholarship will not be notified. Payment of Awards
Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the recipient’s school of choice. The recipient is free to attend any accredited college or university within the parameters of the Eligibility section above. For more information:
Please direct any general scholarship application-related question(s) you may have to your guidance counselor or HEFs Executive Director at HEF@hammond.k12.in.us
. However, no responses will be provided to questions relating to the application status of other individuals.