International Artist Residency application
NB: Only apply if you confirm your presence in case you're selected.
Ensibuko arts foundation has launched an artist residency for international dancers, choreographers and performers. We invite individuals, companies/ensembles or groups interested in traveling to Jinja, Uganda to participate in an international dance arts exchanges, teaching opportunities, choreographic exchanges and arts education. Please only apply if you confirm your availability in case you are selected. Good luck
ABOUT ENSIBUKO ARTS FOUNDATION
Ensibuko Arts Foundation works to shape the future of dance in Uganda by offering quality certified and recognized dance education to individuals that would otherwise lack access. We intend to use dance as a tool to address social issues, narrate stories of the world, empower, rehabilitate and heal communities, EAF was named after a native word: “ “ENSIBUKO” which in English translates to “THE ORIGIN”. EAF aims to lay a foundation for future generations.
For more information visit
To watch a short documentary
ABOUT THE RESIDENCY
We seek professional artists (individuals, ensembles, companies or groups) who are interested in being part of our work to build the dance/arts industry in Jinja, eastern Uganda and beyond. Artists with interest to invest in our creative residency mission.
To elevate the relevance of the dance education in community development. This residency invites artists to create a proposal of how they would like to be collaboratively get involved in EAF’s programs.
Selected artists will have an opportunity to rehearse with fellow creators in different spaces. Residents are expected to create impact through workshops, showcases, classes, open rehearsals and performances. Residents are also expected to create works with our academy students and be part of our community theatre projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
1) Shared accommodation in a host family or an extended guidance on finding a private housing.
2) Space to share your art with fellow creators, our academy students and communities at large.
3) Extended guidance in cultural exchange, food, travel etc (in our capacity).
4) Opportunity to share your work formally or informally with our academy, fellow artists and community members.
5) Tour around the historical Jinja city.
6) Certificate of appreciation at the end of your residency
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
1) Artists who are open to work and develop their art with fellow creators, teach in our academy and create collaborative works.
2) Teachers willing to share and cooperate with the Ensibuko team as they also explore and deepen their own creative work.
3) Artists who desire to use their skills as tools for social change
4) Artists willing to stay for 1 to 3 months in the historical Jinja city for a cultural exchange.
5) Artists who can create works to be presented during our annual festival either by themselves or a team that they choose to choreograph.
We will provide you with accommodation with free utilities (in host families around jinja), open studio space, and technical assistance. Please NOTE that Ensibuko Arts Foundation is NON PROFIT establishment with a limited budget and does not provide any funding for travel expenses, visa, cost of living and production expenses. However, we can help you with invitation letters and other documents that can help you in your fundraising or travel grants' application if needed.
Artist Full name or Company name
Artistic/Stage name (If different from above)
What is your personal understanding of Art as a creator(s) or mover(s)
What can you offer during your residency?
Tell us about your artistic experience in teaching, volunteering, choreographing or performing
Why would you love a creative residency? And which month(s) are you available? Artists who wish to stay longer will also be considered.
Website or social media links that best represent your artistic journey.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service