South-North research partnerships in Africa
We are conducting a study of South-North research partnerships in the context of the African continent across a range of disciplines and professions. If you are a researcher, practitioner or policy actor with experience of South-North partnerships, please consider sharing your views by completing the questionnaire below.
We are keen to capture diverse perspectives on this under-researched topic, and would greatly appreciate it if you could support this study by sharing the link within your networks (
This study has received ethical approval from the University of Bristol, and any information provided will be treated confidentially within the research team and anonymised in reporting. For further details, please contact Tigist Grieve (
) or Rafael Mitchell (
1. Please indicate your gender
2. In which country are you based?
3. How would you describe your position?
Southern-based policy actor
Northern-based policy actor
4. How would you describe your experience in this role?
Junior (early career)
5. If you are a researcher, what is/are your disciplinary background/s?
6. Have you participated in South-North research collaborations or partnerships in African before; if so, how many?
More than 5
7. If you haven't participated in South-North research collaborations or partnerships in Africa before, please tell us why.
8. If you have participated in South-North research collaborations or partnerships in Africa, did you have the opportunity to engage in the following? (Tick as many as relevant)
Initiating the partnership
Participating in a funding proposal
Leading a funding proposal
Deciding your own role
Deciding roles of others
Managing your own time
Managing the budget
Establishing the research agenda
Publication of peer-reviewed article
Disseminating to academic audiences at conferences, seminars, etc.
Disseminating to non-academic audiences
9. Has your capacity been strengthened as a result of South-North research collaborations or partnerships? If so, how?
10. Based on your experience/s, what have you found to be the benefits of such partnerships?
11. Based on your experience/s, what have you found to be the challenges of such partnerships?
12. Do you have suggestions for increasing the benefits and/or addressing the challenges?
13. Any other comments?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service