Be Their Voice Volunteer Application
Our goal is to support hard working local rescue groups and shelter in their mission. It is no surprise that they are overcrowded, overworked and underfunded. Often times they lack resources necessary to meet their mission objectives. The majority of our work is done to raise funds for these organizations so that they can focus more on their day to day operations and animal care.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Be Their Voice, Inc. With your participation and support, we can save them all!
BY READING, COMPLETING AND SIGNING THIS APPLICATION, YOU INDICATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF AND COMPLIANCE WITH ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
1) Be Their Voice, Inc. is a charitable, non-profit group incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. All funds and goods collected by the organization are used solely and completely for charitable purposes; therefore, should you be injured while acting in any capacity whatsoever as a volunteer for Be Their Voice, Inc., your personal health insurance coverage will provide for any necessary medical treatment or care. Additionally, you will not be covered under Pennsylvania State Worker’s Compensation laws.
2) Our participation in fundraising events will occasionally require being in the company of animals. Volunteering at events can be a potentially hazardous activity and, while every precaution will be taken regarding the safety of our volunteers, you do hereby waive, release and discharge any and all claims for death, personal injury or property damage, including anything involving any and all animals. This releases and holds harmless the organization, its animals and its members.
3) As a representative of Be Their Voice, Inc. you will be expected to always conduct yourself in a polite, respectful and professional manner towards the public, your fellow volunteers and the board members. Any conduct deemed inappropriate by the Board of Directors may result in your dismissal from being a volunteer with the organization.
4) Social media is a powerful tool and can be used to greatly increase Be Their Voice, Inc.’s exposure and promote our mission. We’d like to see you sharing helpful information and upcoming events on your personal account(s) to reach as many people as possible. However, negative posts and/or comments towards the public, the organization, other rescue or shelter organizations, your fellow volunteers or the board members will not be tolerated and may result in your dismissal from being a volunteer with the organization. Should you be confronted with any type of gossip or complaint, do not engage the person but instead report it immediately to a board member.
5) We want volunteering with Be Their Voice, Inc. to be a completely positive and enriching experience for everyone; therefore, if you ever have a concern regarding a policy, an event or a fellow volunteer, please do not hesitate to contact a board member.
First and last name
Emergency contact name
Emergency contact phone number
Please check off all of the following that you are interested in helping with (description of duties subject to change).
Coordinate events (this would involve being point of contact and taking care of details for the event)
Help at events (this would involve setting up, being present, interacting with the public and packing up)
Solicit donations (this would involve reaching out to the communities for monetary or item donations)
Transport (this would involve using your vehicle to pick up and/or drop off items)
Crafts (this would involve making and donating items to be sold and/or raffled off)
Advertising (this would involve contacting media outlets for publication of events)
Promotional Material (this would involve the making of and/or printing flyers etc)
Secretarial (this would involve all aspects of mailings, etc )
Social Media (this would involve posting on behalf of the organization with prior approval)
Recruitment (this would involve reaching out to the public to expand our volunteer base)
Public Relations (this would involve reaching out to local businesses/organizations to build our Partner Program)
Please tell us if you are professionally trained in any of the following and are willing to donate your services.
Please list two (2) references that can attest to your character. Please provide Name, Email or Phone, and Relationship.
Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If "yes", please provide details.
Have you ever been accused of or charged with child or animal abuse? If "yes", please provide details.
Please tell us about your experience with animals.
How did you hear about us?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Be Their Voice, Inc..