Volunteer Registration 2021-22
We love our volunteers and welcome parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents! Throughout the year there are many opportunities to help out, not only in the classroom, but at school wide events and on field trips.
PLEASE NOTE: All volunteers (including drivers, coaches, assistant coaches, classroom volunteers, field trip supervisors, etc.) are required to have a current Police Information Check on file. Police Information Checks are valid for two (2) years. Please note that if you live outside of Calgary you will need to apply for your PIC through the RCMP. Families who are new to Canada must wait one year before they can apply.
Police Information Checks are required to be completed online. Please read the Police Check – Online Instructions document (found on the Volunteer Information page of our website) in its entirety, and email Marcy Stauffer (Academy volunteers), or Victoria Boet (College volunteers) to request a Volunteer Letter prior to completing the check online. Ensure you indicate “share” when making your application so that the school is notified.
Personal information is collected under the authority of Alberta's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) and the Education Act. This information will be used to see if the candidate(s) meet the criteria and will be treated in accordance with the privacy protection provisions of the FOIP Act. If you have any questions about the collection, contact your school principal.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
As a volunteer, we would like to advise you of the following conditions:
1. That confidentiality is of the utmost importance in the school setting in order to ensure that the dignity and worth of students, parents, volunteers, and staff is honoured.
2. That any information collected, used, generated, and stored by Master's Academy & College and/or Palliser Regional Schools including student, instructional, financial, or administrative information is strictly confidential and is to be used only in the performance of volunteer duties.
3. That you may not disclose, communicate, publish, take, alter, copy, interfere with, or destroy any information unless you are specifically authorized to do so by the teacher or principal.
4. That you must notify the principal of any new criminal charges at the time the charge is made or any other situation that calls into question your suitability as a volunteer.
5. That the teaching and administration staffs are responsible for student learning and discipline.
6. That as a volunteer you can assist in enhancing the learning environment by working cooperatively with the school team.
7. That as a volunteer you are responsible to the Principal or teacher for all actions relating to students. You shall NOT:
a) diagnose educational needs of students;
b) prescribe remediation;
c) evaluate the results of instruction;
d) carry out any instructional responsibilities unless under the direct supervision of a teacher;
e) disclose information about a student(s) or staff member(s) except through appropriate channels.
8. Failure to comply with these conditions or Master's Academy & College and/or Palliser Regional Schools policies may result in termination of your position as a voluteer.
By typing my FIRST and LAST name below I am agreeing to the conditions outlined above, as well as verifying that all information provided herein is accurate.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Master's Educational Society.