Clinical Neuropathology QUIZ #5
Published in Clinical Neuropathology Vol 40 nr.1 (January/February 2021). Based on papers and editorial of Clinical Neuropathology of the same issue (for your reference:
1. Which of the following statements regarding meningiomas is not true?
A - Mitotic activity is a key factor for determination of tumor grade.
B - Assessment of mitotic activity and proliferation is to a certain extent subjective
C - To assess proliferative activity, Ki67 immunohistochemistry is widely used
D - PHH3 immunohistochemistry is an assay which may be used to label cells in mitosis
E - The Ki67 proliferate index is a determining factor of assigning a WHO Grade to meningiomas
2. Which of the following statements regarding angioleiomyomas is true?Angioleiomyomas ...
A - are a common soft tissue tumor, accounting for 20% of all soft tissue neoplasms
B - are characterized by smooth muscle differentiation
C - are typically Melan A and HMB45-positive.
D - are usually stained with antibodies to estrogen receptor
E - arise from the tunica adventitia of blood vessels
3. Which of the following genes typically has a mutation in papillary craniopharyngiomas?
A - p63
B - PD-L1
C - CTNNB1
D - p53
E - BRAF
4. Which of the following statements regarding craniopharyngiomas is true?
A - Craniopharyngiomas typically do not express PD-L1
B - Papillary craniopharyngiomas typically affect young children
C - Adamantinomatous craniopharyngiomas affect both children and adults
D - Wet keratin is a typical histologic feature of papillary craniopharyngiomas
E - p63 is only expressed in adamantinomatous craniopharyngiomas
5. H3G34 mutant high grade gliomas—-
A - bear a mutation in the H3F3A gene
B - are typically located in the cerebral hemispheres
C - may display a morphology similar to PNET or Glioblastoma
D - can feature ganglionic differentiation
E - all of the above
6. Which of the following cell populations are typically affected in West Nile viral encephalitis?
A - Projection neurons
B - Granular neurons of the cerebellar cortex
C - Astrocytes
D - Oligodendrocytes
E - Microglia
7. Which of the following statements regarding embryonal tumor with multilayered rosettes (ETMR) is not true?
A - ETMR typically behaves in a clinically aggressive fashion
B - This entity is characterized by an alteration of the C19MC miRNA cluster on Chromosome 19.
C - The tumor formally known as medulloepithelioma is now included in this diagnostic entity
D - ETMR is not yet defined as a separate entity in the WHO classification of Tumors of the Central Nervous System
E - ETMR may display heterologous differentiation
8. Methylation profiling in gliomas…
A - is an important tool for integrated histological and molecular diagnosis of brain tumors
B - can be accomplished by processing and visualizing data through different platforms
C - can also allow for copy number profiling
D - allow for the comparison of a sample tumor with other samples in a public database
E - all of the above
9. Which of the following statements regarding chordoma is true?
A - Chordoma may overlap histologically with chondrosarcoma
B - Chordomas are generally fast growing tumors
C - These tumors are not amenable to treatment with radiation therapy
D - Chordomas have virtually no risk of recurrence
E - Prior to definitive surgical treatment, a biopsy is usually undertaken
10. Which of the following is not a distinctive feature of poorly differentiated chordoma?
A - It affects a young age group
B - is characterized by immunohistochemical loss of INI1 expression
C - displays a deletion of the SMARCB1 gene
D - histologically includes numerous physaliphorous cells
E - tends to have an aggressive clinical course
This form was created inside of Euro-CNS.