Welcome to Kitsap Babywearers! In order to become a “member” of our organization, and continue to be a member in good standing, you must fill out a membership application and agreement, and pay annual dues of $30.00 (tax-deductible). You will become a sustaining member of Kitsap Babywearers. We hope that you will attend and participate not only in our regular meetings, but in our Facebook community as well.
Membership dues are used to provide education and support to parents and caregivers who wish to babywear, and otherwise to promote babywearing. Expenditures may include the publication of brochures and other informational or publicity materials, fees for hosting a “booth” or table at public events, purchasing baby carriers for library and teaching purposes, administrative costs such as postage and web hosting fees, and other items as determined by the directors. All of the directors and officers of Kitsap Babywearers are volunteers who receive no compensation for their services. (Additional donations, of money or of baby carriers suitable for library use, are always welcome!)
Membership is not required in order to attend meetings; however, membership allows you access to our group's carrier lending library, which can be a great way to try something new or borrow something for a vacation or other special occasion.From time to time, we may also offer special discounts on the purchase of baby carriers, or other products of interest to the parents/caregivers of young children, to members only. You will be entitled to any and all membership benefits offered to Kitsap Babywearers members.
1. You assume the responsibility for safely using all carriers and for inspecting the stitching and fabric on all carriers to satisfy yourself that the carrier is sound and suitable for use with your child, and you assume the risk of using a carrier. Each time you borrow a carrier, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Kitsap Babywearers, its leaders and members, for any harm that may result to you or your child from the use of the carrier.
2. Do not expose a carrier to tobacco smoke or tobacco smoke residue. Do not use a carrier where people are smoking, and do not store a carrier in a place where there is tobacco smoke residue, such as in a car where someone smokes.
3. Checkout is for one month only. If you cannot return the item at the next month’s meeting, please return it to a leader in person before the meeting. You must bring it to a leader, leaders are not responsible for coming to you. If you chose to have a third party return it to the leaders, please arrange that. Leaders will not be responsible for third party returns. Mailing carriers back to the group librarian is also acceptable; please contact a leader for more information.
4. Late fees will apply to carriers that are not returned by their due date. Fees are $5 per week, up to the cost of the replacement of the carrier. Late fees may be paid at the time of return or invoiced via Paypal to the given address above.
5. Please return all carriers in such a condition that they are ready for the next person to check out. This means the carrier should be reasonably clean and neatly folded. This does not mean you necessarily have to wash the carrier. If it is not dirty, you do not have to wash it. If it is dirty, please contact a leader for washing instructions.
6. Please treat the carriers with respect. If you ruin a carrier, you are responsible for paying the actual replacement cost of the carrier,at new retail value, including shipping. Using fabric softener or bleach on a carrier will be considered ruined. Replacement or repair determination is at the sole discretion of the leaders. If a carrier is damaged, and can be repaired, you will be charged for any necessary repairs. Please never try to repair damage you have done to a carrier.
7. Special care and use of woven wraps: Please pay extra attention to rings, zippers, keys, and other objects with sharp/pointed edges when you are wrapping with and using a woven wrap. Sharp edges can cause pulled threads, broken threads, and even holes. Some or all of these can cause enough damage to ruin a woven wrap. If there is damage as described above upon return, the borrower will be liable for the cost of repair and/or replacement of the wrap.
9. Violation of these policies may result in termination of a member’s borrowing privileges.
Assumption of risk. I am voluntarily participating in the Program for the benefit of myself and my children. I assume all risks of such participation, including the risks of accidents, injury, and death to myself and/or my child(ren). I specifically acknowledge my understanding that (1) guidance and recommendations on babybwearing are provided by uncompensated volunteers (“VBEs”) who are not medical practitioners and are not required to have any specialized training in infant development or care; (2) guidance and recommendations on babywearing are general in nature and may not be appropriate for me or my child(ren); (3) any opinions voiced by VBEs with respect to particular carriers, manufacturers, or vendors represent personal opinion and not the views of the other Released Parties; (4) carriers from the lending library may have sustained previous damage and be unsafe for use.
Representations. I hereby represent that I am mentally and physically fit to participate in the Program; that neither I nor my child(ren) suffer from any ailment or disability that would make participation in the program hazardous, unwise, or a potential source of danger to us or others; and that I will not lend or convey any carrier provided by the Released Parties to another person.
Severability. The provisions of this agreement are severable.
I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT. I FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.