Week 35 of Laws of the Game test - questions by Dutch Referee Blog
Refsworld UK has made some referee goodies available for Dutch Referee Blog's Laws of the Game Quizzes. The monthly prize will (randomly) be alloted to one of the contestants who scored the most points in a particular month. If you want your weekly scores to be summed up, make sure you write down the same email address and user name every week.
NB: if you only want to practice the Laws of the Game you don't have to fill out the user name and email address.
Test your knowledge and become a better referee!
1. A named substitute starts a match instead of a named player and the referee is not informed of this change. Which of the following sentences is NOT correct in this particular situation?
the referee allows the named substitute to continue playing
no disciplinary sanction is taken against the named substitute
the named player can become a named substitute
the number of substitutions is reduced
2. A goalkeeper, who is wearing his gloves, takes a throw-in. The ball is thrown correctly. The ball reaches an attacker who scores straight from the throw-in. What does the referee decide?
He disallows the goal, because a goalkeeper is not allowed to throw the ball with his gloves on. Play restarts with a throw-in for the opponents.
He disallows the goal, because a goalkeeper is not allowed to throw the ball with his gloves on. Play restarts with a goal kick for the opponents.
He disallows the goal, because a goalkeeper is not allowed to throw the ball in. Play restarts with a throw-in for the opponents.
He allows the goal
3. Player Y is getting substituted. After the player has left the field of play, he insults the assistant referee with abusive language. The assistant referee is, at the moment of the abusive language, just checking the outfit and equipment of the substitute, who's has not entered the pitch yet. What does the referee decide?
He shows Player Y a yellow card and lets the sub enter the field of play
He shows Player Y a yellow card and lets the sub enter the field of play, because the sub was already announced
He shows Player Y a red card and lets the sub enter the field of play, because the sub was already announced
He shows Player Y a red card and does not allow the sub to enter the field of play
4. Harry Kane is about to take the kick-off and sees that the goalkeeper of the opponents is 10 metres in front of his goal. After a signal from the referee he directly kicks the ball forward into the opponent's goal. What does the referee have to decide?
Retake of the kick-off
5. An attacker makes a deliberate handball offence just outside the penalty area of the opponents. The referee whistles for a foul. A defender takes the free kick quickly and passes it back to his goalie, who didn't realise the kick was being taken. The ball enters the goal directly. How does play need to be restarted?
Retake of the free kick
Do you want to become a better referee and receive a weekly newsletter with useful tips and interesting stories?
Yes, I'd like to receive the weekly Dutch Referee Blog newsletter
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service