Please remember, only one tutor in the group needs to sign up! If you choose to apply by yourself we’ll pair you with someone.
This is a fantastic program designed to help pre-clinical students understand any concepts that arise in their studies and it wouldn’t be possible without you. Let’s not forget it’s also a fantastic revision opportunity.
Below is just an overview of what is expected of you as tutors. We will also distribute this in document form so that you can refer to throughout the program to ensure your group gets the most out of these sessions. We will also distribute a timetable of the cases and the most recent objectives.
Responsibilities as a tutor:• Remember, this is an ongoing, long-term commitment which will last until the end of the pre-clinical year. Time is required for: organising session times, preparing for and doing the sessions. Going into peer-2-peer 'cold' without revising the material is NOT advised.
• Cover material that is likely to help for exams and carefully consider what are essential and core concepts in a case.
• Follow-up problems that were unresolved in a session, sometimes producing written answers or extra resources for your students is appropriate and encouraged!
• You might choose to make yourself available during pre-clinical examinations for answering questions by email.
• Reassess regularly how peer-2-peer is going and be sensitive to the needs of the students, i.e. how they are getting home if it's late, if you run overtime etc.
• Be inclusive and respectful of your all of the students in your group
• Be enthusiastic, and make it fun!
Deadline: Friday 8th of March at midnight