The Teacher of the Year Awards will be presented at our Annual Dinner Meeting on May 10, 2018. Award winners will be guests of the NCMTA. The award winner and nominators are encouraged to invite family and colleagues to join them at the dinner to honor them.
Nominees for the NCMTA Teacher of the Year Award should meet the following criteria:
1. The award is for 5 or more years of distinguished, continuous service to mathematics education.
2. The NCMTA Teacher of the Year is awarded for achievement in leadership, teaching and service. • Performance of the nominee on the job • Service beyond the requirements on the job • Service such as professional development, offices held, committee memberships, special projects, meetings, publications. • Commitment to one’s own professional growth as an educator.
3. Each nomination should be supported by:
• The NCMTA Nomination and Information Form below • Upload an updated resume
4. If the nomination is selected by the NCMTA Teacher of the Year Committee then,
• Two letters of Recommendation
NCMTA reserves the right not to issue an award in every category.
ALL NOMINATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY FEBRUARY 16, 2018. PLEASE EMAIL NCMTASPRINGDINNER@GMAIL.COM IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.