The Holiday Gift Market will provide an opportunity for Vermont business owners to sell their products and services, to barter gifts and goods with each other and this year we are excited to partner again with Good Beginnings of Central Vermont (http://www.goodbeginningscentralvt.org/). Raffle Items & Grand PrizesFundraising for the Good Beginnings of Central Vermont will include the sale of raffle tickets for donated items that will be raffled off throughout the day. As part of this fundraising effort, all vendors are asked to donate an item of at least $35 in value for the raffle.
BarteringVendors are encouraged to barter with and purchase from each other. When we give each others' items as holiday gifts, we help each other out twice, both by the purchase and by exposing our loved ones to some of the fabulous items made and sold Vermont. Vendors are encouraged to trade with each other at any time during the Gift Market.
Set up/AgendaVendor set up for the Market will start at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 15, 2018. Vendors will be assigned arrival times to stagger the use of the single elevator. (A small number of vendors that need extended set-up time will load in between 3 and 6 p.m. on Friday December 14). The doors will open to the public on Saturday at 9:00 a.m. and close at 4:00 p.m. Breakdown of your exhibit can begin no sooner than 4:00 p.m. The auditorium will close for the day at 6:00 p.m.
PromotionThe Holiday Gift Market will be promoted extensively throughout Central Vermont. All forms of media will be targeted including radio, Public Service Announcements in local and regional newspapers and radio stations, advertisements, extensive postering, social media and publications.
I look forward to receiving your application by Friday, August 17, 2018 (PLEASE NOTE: Due to vendor request, this is almost a month earlier than previous years). Unless you have been notified otherwise, all former vendors who have not missed more than a year will be readmitted to the market. All new applications will be juried for the remaining spaces. You will receive confirmation of acceptance or denial by mid-September. Thank you for applying.
Claire GeorgesMarket Manager
-All vendors agree to represent their APPROVED business only and NO unapproved business in their booth.
- Vendors agree to arrive at their designated time. Any vendors arriving outside of their half-hour window (one half hour after their arrival time), will be required to use the stairs located at the front of the building.
- Vendors agree to be familiar with and in compliance with State Law and Health Department Guidelines and Regulations.
- Each vendor will supply their own equipment and products for their booth, including tables, table covers, power strips, and extension cords.
- Vendors agree not to use any tacks or nails in the walls.
- Vendors agree not to play music of any kind during the show hours.
- Vendors agree to leave the area in the same condition that it was found. Vendors agree to remove all their trash from premises.
- Flammable or corrosive products for cleaning, heating, lighting or other purposes, are not permitted on the premises due to fire regulations. Food vendors may use Sterno.
- Vendors must wait until 4:00 p.m. before packing up their booths and agree to remove all possessions from Montpelier City Hall Auditorium by 6 p.m. the day of the event.
- Limits of Liability: The Holiday Gift Market will not be responsible for, or liable for, any loss, theft, damage or injury that may occur to property or persons of the exhibitors. Vendors agree to indemnify the Market, against, and hold harmless for, any claim arising out of acts of negligence by vendors, their agents, or employees. The Market shall not be responsible for personal articles left in the show area by vendors.
- All goods placed in the show will be at the risk of the vendor. The sponsors or promoters will not be responsible for the safety of exhibits against robbery, fire, accident or other causes.
- Distribution of informational materials and fund raising at the Holiday Gift Market for any organization other than the Family Center of Washington County is strictly forbidden.
- Refund policy: Once vendors have been admitted to the market their fee may not be refunded unless a suitable replacement vendor is found by the Holiday Gift Market, in which case the original fee minus an administrative fee of $30 will be refunded. There is no refund or rain date for inclement weather.