M&HCV Fleet Operator Survey Q2 FY 2015
1. How many Medium & Heavy Commercial vehicles do you currently have in your fleet?
Please only count trucks above nine-tonne GVW
Less than 10
More than 100
2. Where are your trucks mostly deployed?
You may choose multiple options
Highway running to carry assorted freight
Highway running, to carry standardised freight like containers and cars etc.
Construction specific applications like cement mixers
Mining specific applications
3. When do you plan to buy new trucks for your fleet?
Right now - we are finalising options
Within 3 months
4. Why do you want to buy new trucks?
Purpose of buying - fleet expansion or replacement?
Expanding fleet to meet increased demand
Re-aligning fleet portfolio to optimize operating costs and to meet customer's demand for specific truck requirements
Replace existing trucks in the fleet
Mix of the above
5. Have you purchased any new trucks in the last one-year? If yes, how many?
Less than 5
More than 25
6. In your current business, what are the biggest challenges that you face?
You may select multiple options
Low utilization of existing fleet
Low resale values for used trucks
High cost of finance for new trucks
Adverse economic environment
Uncertain political environment
Slowdown in construction & mining sectors
Slowdown in industrial output
Freight rates are not improving
Unable to pass increase in operating cost to customers
7. Compared to 2010-11 or any other time period in the past (when business was strong), how is your fleet utilisation comparing today?
It is 25% (or more) higher than peak utilisation in the past
It is more or less the same
It is around 25% lower than peak utilisation in the past
It is lower than 25% compared to peak utilisation in the past
8. What would make you buy a truck within the next six months? Please rate them as High / Medium / Low in terms of likelihood
Significantly lower interest rates (lower by at least 1.0% from present rates)
Significant improvement in resale prices for used trucks (higher by at least 10% from present prices)
Improved economic environment
Improvement in construction sector
Improvement in industrial output
Significant improvement in fleet utilisation (higher by 10% or more)
9. Do you feel that truck manufacturers are doing enough to convince you to buy new trucks?
What can they do better
Sweeten fleet maintenance contracts
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service