3. ENS de Lyon, Physics Lab (LPENSL) - sold out !
Max 40 persons (5 groups of 8) – Guide: Ludovic Bellon <email@example.com
Activities of the laboratory cover various fields, from statistical physics to hydrodynamic turbulence, through mathematical physics and signal processing but also soft and condensed matter. During the tour you will discover a few topics among :
- Optical tweezers to probe statistical physics [exp.] – S. Ciliberto, I. Martinez
- Laboratory scale geophysics [exp.] – R. Poryles
- Soft matter under ultrasound [ex.p] – S. Manneville
- Granular systems [exp.] – J.-C. Géminard, A. Naert
- Physics of the violin [exp.] – A. Naert
- Integrable systems [th.] – K. Kozlowski
- Soft and active matter [exp.] – D. Bartolo
- Large deviation and climate statistical physics [th.] – F. Bouchet
- Thermal noise as a tool in nano-mechanics [exp.] – L. Bellon
- Nanopores & Biophysics [exp.] - F. Montel
The ENS de Lyon is right next to the *musée des confluences*, so that's a nice opportunity to visit Lyon's new flagship museum after the lab tour !
More on the lab: http://www.ens-lyon.fr/PHYSIQUE/accueil?set_language=en&cl=en