Huntington Park Policy
The Huntington Park was donated by the Huntington’s for the quiet enjoyment of the community. The community is welcome to utilize the park during daylight hours and must adhere to the City of Oneonta’s Code of Behavior.
Organizations that would like to use the Park must submit a request to the Director of HML. Requests will be reviewed and granted on a first come, first served basis.
• The Huntington Park is to be used primarily by the Library and as such, Library activities will take precedence over all other requests.
• Park use is primarily for groups with educational, cultural or civic purposes.
• The purpose of Park use must be consistent with HML’s mission statement.
• Park use must be open to the public. No admission may be charged.
• Food and beverages may be offered at Park programs but the group must remove their own trash from the park in its entirety promptly when the program ends.
• No activity that will damage the vegetation or hardscaping is allowed.
• Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages is not allowed.
• Music is allowed as long as it doesn’t interfere with the peace, quiet and comfort of neighboring residents and park users. Please refer to the City Code for details.
• All applicants must present a current liability insurance policy that includes $1 million liability.
• Event parking cannot occur on park grounds