The Climb Is Our Story New Jersey Program Application
The Climb Is Our Story is a program that will be facilitated by YesSheCanCampaign (YSCC). YesSheCanCampaign is a 501(c)(3) youth-led non-profit organization that uses live events and technology to provide educational resources and professional development to girls, young women, and youth nationwide. The program will provide college and career readiness skills to New Jersey high school students and nontraditional students
Impact: The program started in the Fall of 2019 in Washington D.C., since then, the program has served 20+ students. Our program has a 100% college acceptance rate and our students have received over $240,000 in scholarships. Most importantly, our students have volunteered over 100 hours of community service.
Requirements of Students:
- Must attend live workshops twice a month on Saturdays (10 am-11 am)
- Must attend Remote Office Hours (1 hour per month) or schedule to meet after the
- Must complete work with the program, all the work will assist you in your college and
career readiness skills.
- Must participate in community service projects with the program.
- Must attend other scheduled YSCC events that pertain to the program.
- Open to all NJ high school students and nontraditional students
- Students must be looking to apply to college.
- Students must complete this application no later than 11:59 pm EST on February 22, 2021
- Students must be committed to this program from March 2021 - May 2021
- All races, genders, and sexual orientations are welcome and encouraged to apply!
- Guaranteed community service hours!
- A range of talented CEO’s/Executives to network with!
- Obtain college and career readiness skills!
- Virtual Career Immersion Workshops by industry professionals!
Name (First, Last Name)
Name of high school (if applicable)
Grade (If applicable)
Are you a nontraditional student? (Meaning: You are not a high school student)
The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience? (5 sentences or more)
In 100 words or less, please explain why should you be selected to participate in this program.
In 100 words or less, please explain what it is that you hope to take away from this experience.
Please list any skills you have. Example: social media graphics, marketing, designing, organization, project management, and more
What does The Climb Is Our Story mean to you!
How Did You Hear About Us
If you heard about us from a partner organization, please list their name here.
Please let us know if you will need accommodations
If you heard about us from a YesSheCanCampaign participant please list their name here.
Thank you for apply to The Climb Is Our Story - NJ Program. You will hear from us by February 28, 2021.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Zaniya Lewis.