Application for SNECC Board of Directors
Purpose: To oversee policy and direction and assist with the leadership, promotion, and advancement of the
Southeastern New England Climbers Coalition so as to support the organization’s mission.
● Organizational leadership and governance
● Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
● Advisement and oversight of program planning and evaluation
● Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
● Promotion of the organization
● Fundraising and outreach
Length of term: One year, renewable by the board for up to three consecutive terms
Meetings and time commitment:
● The board of directors meets at least twice per year by phone or inperson.
● Board members are asked to attend special events and organizational activities (for example, fundraisers,
public hearings, media events) to the degree possible and as appropriate to their role on the board.
Specific expectations of members:
1. Attend at least 50% of scheduled board meetings, and any committee meetings and special events as
2. Make a personal financial contribution at a level that is personally significant.
3. Actively participate in fundraising with the organization, as requested.
4. Be alert to concerns that can be addressed by Southeastern New England Climbers Coalition and help
the organization understand and reach diverse communities and grow its membership
5. Help communicate and promote Southeastern New England Climbers Coalition mission and programs to
6. Maintain familiarity with finances, budget, and financial/resource needs and ensure that the
organization’s finances are managed in a sound and ethical manner.
7. Participate in reviewing strategic plans and setting longterm priorities
8. Understand the policies and procedures of the organization to ensure that the corporation is organized
and managed in an accountable, fair and systematic manner and in compliance with applicable law.
9. Act and make decisions that are in the best interests of the organization, disclose any conflicts of
interest, and refrain from voting on matters where a conflict may exist.