Policies and Guidelines
1. Payment options if you have insurance: Insurance is a contract between you and your medical carrier and we are not a party to this contract. We will file insurance claims as a courtesy to our patients. We cannot negotiate issues related to deductibles, co-payments, covered charges, or eligibility.
You are ultimately responsible for knowing and executing the requirements of your insurance. We strongly suggest you call your insurance to verify your plan. No Insurance company will guarantee an exact payment. Please keep in mind that all insurances relay a disclaimer that states they are only giving general information when we call to check on your benefits.
We will do everything we can to assist you in obtaining the maximum of your insurance plan. However, insurance is a contract between you and your insurance carrier. Therefore you are ultimately responsible for payment in full of your account. Co-pays are due at the time of service. If we have not received payment from your insurance carrier within 60 days, payment in full is expected. If your carrier is not contracted with us, you agree to pay any portion of the charges not covered including those above the usual and customary allowance.
2. Payment options if you have no insurance: Payment is due semi-monthly on or around the 15th and 30th of each month. A billing invoice will be sent via email unless otherwise agreed upon. You may pay by cash, check, or credit card. We offer a private pay discount for full payment at the time of service.
3. Referrals and Pre-authorizations: Your insurance carrier may require a referral from your physician and/or a pre-authorization for us to provide services. As a service, we will obtain a referral or pre-authorization if required by your insurance company.
4. Returned Checks: There is a fee of $25.00 on all returned checks not honored by the bank.
5. Past Due Accounts: Accounts 60 days past due will be assessed a 20% finance charge (not covered by insurance) monthly. If your account becomes past due, we will take steps to collect this debt. If we have to refer your account to a collection agency, you agree to pay all of the collection costs incurred, including reasonable lawyer fees and court costs as necessary.
6.Semi-Monthly Statement: If you have a balance on your account, we will send you a semi-monthly statement on or around the 15th and 30th of each month. If additional statements are desired, please contact our billing department.
7. Cancellation Policy: Consistency in attending services is important for successful progress. Scheduled appointments are held for you and are not available to others. If you are unable to keep an appointment, please call at least 24 hours in advance. Missed appointments will be billed at our normal therapy fee and are not covered by insurance. Non-emergency cancellations require 24 hours' notice. Non-emergencies include vacations, pre-planned medical appointments, family events, parties, sports events, lack of babysitter or anything that is not designated as "emergency" (see below). If given less than 24 hours notice of a non-emergency cancellation, a no-show fee of $80.00 will be charged. If there are more than 3 non-emergencies in a 3 month time period, management can make the decision to discontinue services.
Emergencies require notification at least 2 hours before the scheduled session. Emergency cancellations are accepted only for illness, illness of a family member, or death in the family. These sessions must be canceled 2 hours prior to the scheduled session on the day of the appointment.
8. Please do not come, or bring your child, to the office with a fever, strep, unidentified rash, diarrhea, vomiting, or any highly contagious illness. You or your child must be fever-free for 24 hours prior to the session. If you or your child arrives ill, you will be dismissed and charged for the session.
9. In the event that Kahl Therapy Corner must close due to bad weather, the Council Bluffs Community School District will be followed for closing. The exception to this will be when Council Bluffs Community Schools close for cold days and the roads are clear, KTC will remain open. Families will be contacted via text message or phone call.
10. If you plan on discontinuing services for any reason, you must give this office four weeks' notice or you will be billed for the missed sessions. These sessions will not be covered by insurance. This office must also give you 14 days' notice if the treatment will be discontinued for breach of the attendance policy.
11. Documentation: The following documentation will be provided with service fees: evaluations, the initial letters of medical necessity, therapy progress summaries, and bi-annual progress reports by request or when needed. Additional documentation will be considered an extra resource and you will be charged our hourly fee for time and processing.
12. Consultation Policy: Consultations are considered a part of our services and are charged at the rate of an individual therapy session. Consultations include meetings with parents, teachers, and other professionals regarding your child's treatment. Consultations may be in person or can take place over the phone. Consultation sessions may or may not be covered by insurance. If it is not a covered service you will be responsible to pay the billed rate.
13. Late drop-off or pick-up: In order to respect appointment times following your child's session, we require that you drop your child off and pick up your child on time. We reserve the right to cancel or reduce the time we spend with your child for therapy if you arrive late. We will charge $10.00 for any time over 5-minutes that you are late for pick up.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Kahl Therapy Corner, LLC.