1. Your Team and Club will abide by the governance regulations outlined in the NWC Canoe Polo League rules which are obtainable at www.nwcpololeague.co.uk
2. All competitors must be members of your club and your club must be affiliated to British Canoeing for the whole season or have alternative insurance arrangements in place. Competitors do not need to be British Canoeing Comprehensive members. We do not ask for team/squad lists and there is no limit to the number of players that can play in any particular team throughout a season.
3. All teams should provide a referee at any tournament they attend of a level appropriate to the league they are competing in, for reference this is the expected minimum level:
Division 1: Grade 2
Division 2: Grade 3
Division 3: Grade 4
Division 4: Grade 4 (although a G3/4 theory pass is acceptable)
The league reserves the right to impose fines (usually league point deductions) for failure to provide a referee of sufficient standard/capability.
4. Pool fees will still be due If your team fails to attend a tournament, regardless of notice given.
5. A discount to the value of the Admin fee can be applied if the team is paying all their season pool fees up front. For this to apply though the entry form must be received by the league before the entry deadline as stated above and the cheque/bank transfer must be received by the treasurer before the 1st September
6. University teams MUST pay all up front or have paid the full amount by/at the first tournament they attend. No exceptions. They will only benefit from the discount like other teams if paid up by 1st September.
7. We accept that there may be a requirement or benefit for club members competing in higher regional divisions to 'play down' in a lower division. This can help the development of players and ensure fixtures can be fulfilled. Teams should make the tournament organiser aware of any players 'playing down' Teams should only have one player playing down in any one match. The player is expected to play at an equivalent level to the division being played. Tournament organisers have the authority to scratch matches if they feel teams are not abiding by the spirit of 'playing down'. Teams will be able to refer this to the League Coordinator if they feel a decision is unfair.
8. In line with the NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit and British Canoeing recommendations, we require any person who wishes to engage in video or photography to register with the tournament organiser prior to carrying out such photography. If you are concerned about photography taking place please inform the tournament organiser.