Vanderbilt: Practical Steps for Increasing Openness and Reproducibility: An Introduction to the OSF
Please join us for a day-long workshop hosted by the Center for Open Science to learn the many simple actions researchers can take to increase the reproducibility of their work. The workshop will be hands-on and is aimed at graduate students, postdocs, and faculty engaged in research. No knowledge of programming or other specialized tools is required.
* Project documentation
* Version control
* Open source tools like the Center for Open Science’s Open Science Framework to easily implement these concepts in a scientific workflow
* Build structures to support complex workflows
* Tie projects together across studies and teams
* Design for long term reuse and replication
* Incorporate privacy protections and IRB concerns
In the morning session participants will gain a foundation for incorporating reproducible, transparent practices into their current workflows by creating a reproducible project from start to finish. The afternoon session will build on this foundation by examining case studies and designing appropriate open workflows for each situation.
Speaker: Ian Sullivan