REQUIREMENTS: Experience in photography, videography, iMovie, Facebook live and Instagram and be at least 18 years old.
The 2019 camp dates at The St. Iakovos Retreat Center are as follows: Staff Orientation: May 31-June 2 Session I: June 16-22 Session 2: June 23-29 Session 3: July 7-13 Session 4: July 14-20
We are thankful for your desire to share your talents and serve as a volunteer for the Metropolis of Chicago FANARI CAMP Media Staff. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or for additional information.
Fr. Chris Avramopoulos, DirectorFanari Camp firstname.lastname@example.org 708-288-2876
* Pre-Camp: Participate in staff training and promote camp via social media
* Equipment: Fanari Camp owns various video, computer and photography equipment. You will be responsible for operating, charging and taking care of this equipment each day
* Material Management: Digitally downloading and uploading content for each day to the camp computer and our online Flickr and Vimeo sites
* Filming & Photography: Capturing the camper experience, at all daily and evening activities throughout the entire day of each session, with videos and photos
* Editing: Spending allotted time editing and producing end of the week videos and choosing photos for Flickr site
* Social Media: Producing videos that are suitable for Social Media posts, as well as, recording and posting Facebook Live videos and Instagram photos and stories, throughout each session
* Any other duties specified by the Director.
* Availability: The entire Session(s) that you are accepted for as Media Director
* Model: Be a positive Orthodox Christian role model for campers and others, which includes adhering to camp policies and rules, maintaining cleanliness, punctuality, sportsmanship, table manners, proper dress attire and Orthodox faith and morality
* Rapport: Ability to build rapport with the Cabin Staff and Core Staff
* Communication: Model professional verbal communication skills with Core Staff
* Meetings: Attend meetings when necessary
* Stamina: Excel under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Resilience: Be able to take direction and constructive criticism
* Discretion: Should possess the ability to work independently behind the scenes, film and photograph moments at camp without being overly intrusive, and engage with campers when applicable
If hired or chosen, I agree to be bound by FANARI CAMP policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Youth protection and Procedures for Event Staff. I understand that these may be changed, withdrawn, added to or interpreted at any time at FANARI CAMP sole discretion and without prior notice to me. I also understand that my employment or volunteering may be terminated, or any offer or acceptance of employment or volunteering withdrawn, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without prior notice at the option of FANARI CAMP or myself.
Nothing contained in this application or in any pre-employment or pre-volunteering communication is intended to or creates a contract between myself and FANARI CAMP for either employment, volunteering or the providing of any benefit.