Only electronic forms will be accepted. Technology can be challenging, please allow extra time for technical issues. There will be no exceptions.
The winner(s) will be announced at the VSRT Annual Meeting in April and the awards made at thattime. The winner(s) will be notified by February 15th to make arrangement to attend Student, Educator and Technologist seminar.
1. A VSRT member prior to applying.
2. A student attending a primary accredited Medical Imaging Program such as Radiography, Radiation Therapy, Nuclear Medicine or Ultrasound. OR
A student attending or accepted to program and continuing their education in a prescribed program, i.e., Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Special procedures, Angiography, Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Mammography, Radiology Administration, Radiologic Education, Sonography, Health Care Administration/Management or post primary certification.
Registered imaging technologists are not eligible for the Laura Ford Scholarship. TheBencoach Technologist Scholarship is available for registered technologists.
1. Academic achievement in an imaging program
2. Professional goals and insight
The Committee has the option to recommend that all, part or none of the scholarship funds be awarded. A minimum of $500.00 will be awarded.
Scholarships are paid directly to the school.
2. The program director or faculty/coordinator must upload the following through the VSRT website.
- A letter of good standing on school letterhead - Official transcripts Personal email addresses will not be accepted from school officials. 4. Provide your VSRT membership number and expiration date. -You must be a current member of the Virginia Society of Radiologic Technologists to apply for this scholarship. If you are not a member you will need to go to www.vsrt.org/membership/
5. Provide two (2) references in section 5 of this application- Contact each reference and direct them to https://www.vsrt.org/student-life/scholarships/ to fill out the reference form.
- At least one (1) should be from a registered technologist in the clinical setting. - The other may be from a technologist or a radiologist and cannot be a family member. - Personal email addresses will not be accepted from references. 6. Answer the essay questions
7. Review your checklist.
8. Sign your name on the application