National Cattlemen's Beef Association Death Tax Survey
The Death Tax is in direct conflict with the desire to preserve and protect our nation’s family-owned farms and ranches. This survey has been designed to evaluate the impact of the death tax on the U.S. livestock industry. Please know that should you choose to participate in this survey, your responses will be kept strictly confidential. If you have any questions, please contact Danielle Beck at
1. Is farming/ranching your principal occupation?
2. Is your operation a family-owned enterprise?
3. If you answered yes to the previous question, which generation of agricultural operators do you consider yourself to be?
6th generation or longer
4. What is your legal form of business?
Sole proprietorship/individual operator
Limited Liability Corportation (LLC)
5. Please select the NCBA region in which your agricultural operation is primarily located:
Region I (DE, IN, KY, ME, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VT, WV)
Region II (AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN)
Region III (IL, IA, MN, MO, WI)
Region IV (AR, OK, TX)
Region V (CO, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY)
Region VI (AZ, CA, HI, NV, NM, UT)
Region VII (KS, NE, ND, SD)
6. Please select your age group:
18 - 30 years
31 - 40 years
41 - 50 years
51 - 60 years
61 - 70 years
Over 70 years
7. Do you have adult children?
8. If you have adult children, which of the following best describes your situation?
All of them are interested in continuing the enterprise after my retirement
Only some of them are interested in continuing the enterprise after my retirement
None of them are interested in continuing the enterprise after my retirement
9. Have you prepared a succession plan or a plan to transition to retirement?
10. Please estimate the annual amount in financial resources you have previously allocated for estate planning:
Less than $5,000
$5,000 - $10,000
$10,000 - $15,000
Greater than $15,000
11. When you retire from the enterprise, is it your desire to:
Pass it on to your children or spouse
Wind it down/sell for development
Sell it outside of the family, but keep the land in production agriculture
12. When do you intend to transition out of the enterprise?
Within the next 5 years
Within the next 10 years
Within the next 15 years
In more than 15 years
13. What do you anticipate will happen to your operation once you retire?
Operations will be sold for non-farm development
Operations will be sold for farm use
Farm will be turned over to successors
Farm will be left idle
Farm will be rented/leased out
14. Within your family or your farming enterprise, have you previously been impacted by the federal estate tax?
15. If yes, how many times?
3 times or greater
16. Does your operation also face a state-level estate/inheritance tax?
17. Has your family used 2032(A) special land use valuation in the past?
18. What other estate planning methods has your family used?
19. What is the most important change/carry over to the estate/gift tax for your operation?
Eliminate estate/gift tax
Raise estate/gift tax exemption limits
Reduce estate/gift tax rate
Maintain step-up in basis
20. If your family has been personally impacted by the death tax and you are willing to share your story with lawmakers on Capitol Hill, please include your contact information (name, email address and/or telephone number) in the comment box below.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service