2019 RAOA FOOTBALL QUIZ
Week: One Focus: Rule 10
What is your name?
1. PLAY: A 3/3 @ B-18, A22 takes the handoff and runs unopposed into the end zone for an apparent TD. During A22’s run, A3 holds and tackles B44 in the end zone. The shrewd Back Judge throws a penalty marker for the infraction.
2. PLAY: A 3/10 @ A-45. A1’s pass is intercepted by B1 at the B-35, and is returned to the A-10 where B1 runs out of bounds. During the return, B2 blocks A2 below the waist at the A-20. Team A was flagged for having 5 in the backfield at the snap. What options are on the table? Clock Status?
3. PLAY: A 2/15 @ A-40, A12 runs to the A-44 and is taken down by the facemask by B55. During the run, A72 holds at the A-41. After the play A12 taunts B55, who proceeds to throw a retaliatory punch at A12. In response, A43 picks up the ball and throws it at B55
4. PLAY: A 3/10 @ A-5. Player A7 muffs the snap and the ball rolls across the goal line. Lineman A69 recovers the loose ball and is subsequently downed in the EZ with possession of the ball. Prior to A69’s possession, the R flags B99 for grabbing and restricting A77 whilst attempting to recover the loose ball.
5. PLAY: Where is the ball spotted following penalty acceptance when it is snapped from the right-side hash mark and the run ends in the left-side zone and the foul is: (a) illegal motion by A81; or (b) holding by A56 in the middle of the field behind the end of the run; or (c) grasping the face mask/helmet opening by B55 in making the tackle
6. Mechanics Challenge: During a downfield pass, both the BJ and LJ have flags (BJ flag on 50 yard line and LJ flag onB-45) on the field. The pass lands incomplete near the BJ at B-40, the BJ gives one short blast of the whistle and signals incomplete. Both officials ceremoniously run towards the R to report their foul. Is this correct?
7. Mechanics Challenge: 4/4 @ B-15, with 1:30 remaining in the 4Q and the clock running. The score is A16- B17. B1 jumps into the neutral zone causing the entire Team A line to react, drawing a plethora of flags from the L, H, and U. Explain the process of sorting out any and all enforcements.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service