6163 SOUP Application Form
Do you have an idea that benefits the community but lack the $$ to make it a reality?
SOUP is a great way to raise money, build community support and get connections to local resources that can help you carry out your project.
Winners receive a cash micro-grant of up to $400 on the night of the event (depending on attendance numbers and donations received).
If you would like to apply to have your project featured at the 6163 SOUP event and be in the running for the micro-grant, all you have to do to enter is fill in the form below.
The timeline for applying is as follows:
Sunday 28th July - entries close at midnight
Friday 2nd August - the four successful candidates will be notified
Wednesday 14th August - pitch your idea at the 6163 SOUP dinner
How to pitch
While it might seem a bit daunting if you aren't an experienced public speaker, please don't worry. SOUP is meant to be casual and conversational. As long as you deeply understand your own project, people will understand you.
Things you MUST do:
* Keep pitch under 4 minutes.
* Be prepared to answer up to 4 questions from the audience
* Be very clear about exactly where the money would go if you win. It doesn’t matter how great your idea is if you are too vague. You need to explain what items you will buy or what you will pay for to enhance your project. Use examples.
* Your idea can be about ANYTHING…
* …but it must benefit the community of Hamilton Hill.
* You do not have to live in Hamilton Hill to submit an idea.
* Make sure you keep a copy of your submission. If you are not successful this time around, you can try again at a future event.
* You SHOULD NOT use technology to present (i.e. do not prepare powerpoint or other media that require a projector or screen).
* If you win, the entire grant MUST be spent on the project and can not be used to pay yourself for 'time'.
* The winners come back to a future SOUP dinner to report their project’s progress.
if you have any questions.
Why is this project important to you?
How does your project benefit the Hamilton Hill community?
How will you use SOUP grant funding towards the realization of your project?
What is the time frame for your project?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service