2020 Basketball Assistant Coach Nomination Form
2020 Basketball Program
Southern Sports Academy Basketball Program meet for specialised camp coaching sessions from October - October to receive the best and most professional coaching available in the area.
The program will provide coaching, training, and athletic development to improve athletes with a view to:
• Develop the fundamental skill level of athletes which will enhance their opportunities for selection into the Basketball
• Prepare athletes to a level where their transition to any representation ‘seamless’ in terms of programs or pathways;
• Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events.
In addition to the quality coaching, all scholarship holders in the Academy are also exposed to a range of workshops from our specialist consultants including workshops relating to Sports Psychology, Nutrition, Recovery, Athletic Development as well as receiving Strength and Conditioning training that is specific to their sport with complimentary gym membership.
The Southern Sports Academy understands there is a great deal more to being an outstanding athlete and coach than what happens solely on the court. To this end, the Academy provides professional tuition for its athletes and coaches on Personal Development related issues. Topics that are covered include (but are not restricted to) Leadership Skills, Goal Setting, Expectations and Obligations of the Professional Athlete/staff, Responsible Use of Social Media, Time Management and Media Skills.
All this adds up to the Southern Sports Academy leading the way in terms of providing valuable development opportunities for junior athletes and program staff in the Southern NSW region.
Primary purpose of position
The Assistant Coach is primarily responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the planning and implementation of the Academy’s program, including participating in the coaching of the squad and enhancing opportunities for these athletes. The Assistant Coach will be expected to be involved in the planning, design, and evaluation of the program.
The position is accountable to the Southern Sports Academy and reports to the Chief Executive Officer through the Head Coach. Decisions relating to the management of the Academy program will be made by a Management Committee involving the Head Coach, Squad Manager, and Chief Executive Officer.
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Coach are:
1. Assist in the planning and delivery of coaching sessions with a focus on the development of talented athletes;
2. Assist in the monitoring and review of athlete performance;
3. Assist in the conduct of the selection process and make squad selections;
4. Participate in, and contribute to, the planning and evaluation of the program.
The selection panel will be co-ordinated by the Chief Executive Officer of the Southern Sports Academy in conjunction with the State Sporting Organisation.The successful nominees will be appointed by the Southern Sports Academy Board of Directors, and notified accordingly.
• Minimum level 1 NCAS accreditation (or equivalent).
• Experience working as part of a small multi-disciplined team delivering a sport program.
• Experience working as a development coach.
• Understanding of the application of support services to athletes, with a view towards improving performance.
• Highly developed communication skills.
• Preparedness to work within the Academy’s guidelines is essential.
For further information regarding program commitments and the positions please contact Academy on phone 6931 8111 or email:
Prior to appointment, all program staff are required to present a Working With Children Clearance letter along with their DOB for online verification. This complies with the guidelines set by the Office of the Children's Guardian. Further information can be obtained from their website (
Please note the following
All Coaching positions with the Southern Sports Academy are voluntary.
No relationship of employer / employee exists between the parties. However, an honorarium may be provided to offset expenses incurred in relation to the service provided by the Assistant Coach.
The appointment of all Coaches is subject to satisfactory conduct and service. The Academy reserves the right to cease the appointment agreement at all times. This decision will be made at the discretion of the Academy's Board of Directors.
Please see the Southern Sports Academy Assistant Coach Position Description form (
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service