Project Smoke Quiz: Test Your Beef Knowledge
TEST YOUR BBQ IQ: OK, you know how to smoke beef ribs and your brisket would make a Texan groan with envy. But how far does your beef knowledge extend? Test YOUR knowledge with this short quiz.
1) When dry-aging beef, you can lose up to what percentage of the original meat?
Less than 5%
2) True or False: For maximum tenderness, you slice meat with the grain, or direction of the muscle fibers in meat.
3) The USDA grades beef on marbling—the amount of interstitial fat in a rib-eye muscle. What is the highest USDA grade?
4) Thinly-sliced, air dried grilled beef that is a specialty of central Mexico is called:
5) True or False: There is no difference between a porterhouse and T-bone steak.
6) True or False: The name for a tenderloin steak is filet mignon.
7) What is the large tough flat pectoral muscle from the chest of a steer?
Want to learn more about all things barbecue? Sign up for the Barbecue! Bible newsletter by entering your email address below:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service