Please fill this form out if you'd like to volunteer with Sixth Street Community Center!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Supporting our bi-weekly Emergency Food Distribution Program. On-site, every other Wednesday from 10:30a-12:30p. Schedule found here: http://www.sixthstreetcenter.org/covid19ssccfood.html
- Maintaining our community fridge with fresh food (picking up donations, cleaning the fridge, restocking the fridge, tossing expired or bad food from the fridge). On-site, volunteer hours are flexible.
- Supporting our cooking/food preparation work in our Mutual Aid Kitchen w/ our Mutual Aid Partner East Village Loves NYC.
- Supporting our Youth Program- After School and Summer (*for educators, teaching artists and adults with experience working with youth only* assisting youth educators with workshops, chaperoning local trips, guest teaching workshops). On-site, weekday afternoons 2pm-6pm.
- Supporting our Teen Climate Justice Program (*for educators, climate justice organizers, movement makers/shakers, environmental studies professionals and/or adults with experience working with teens only*). Opportunities to lead a guest workshop or support the Teen Director with project based work. On-site, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 4-6 pm.
- Supporting SSCC with development (grant writing, grant research, planning fundraising events, fundraising strategy). Hours and work can happen flexibly and remotely.
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program. Supporting our CSA coordinator on CSA pick-up days. (Setting up, greeting and assisting CSA members, helping clean up and break down). On-site every other Wednesday 4-7pm until May 11, Tuesdays 3-8pm for our Summer/Fall season.