When you have applied a confirmation email will be sent to your email address along with an invitation to Dropbox where you will be able to upload your entries.
The following awards will apply for the 2019 AVCon AMV competition:
• Fan Award – The audience's reaction at the convention will determine this award.
• Best in Show Award – The best video of the convention as chosen by the judges.
• Judge Awards – Split into three genre categories. An anonymous panel of AMV editors will view eligible entries and vote for the best videos, prior to the convention.
The following are the genres you can base your AMV on:
• Action and/or Upbeat – Fast paced videos that get your heart racing and don’t allow you to blink, even for a second.
• Drama and/or Romance – Videos with emotion and feeling that create a seamless and perfect flow of audio and video.
• Comedy and/or Trailer – Well thought out parodies, mock trailers and comedy videos that will get everyone laughing and smiling.
All accepted videos are automatically eligible for all awards. The genre for the judge awards must be stated on the application form for each video submitted.
The contest is open to international entries and does not require those contestants to attend the convention, however international entries will not be eligible for product Prizes, trophies or medals, instead a certificate will be mailed to international winners who do not attend the convention.
• Entries submitted to previous AVCon competitions are not eligible.
• All entries must be submitted by midnight June 14th 2019 (entries postmarked after this date will not be accepted). See submission guidelines for more details.
• The AMV competition is rated M15+, Videos that contain excessive mature content will not be accepted. Send an email to email@example.com if you require clarification of this rule.
• Videos must not exceed five minutes of length.
• Entrants can submit a maximum of three videos.
• Videos must not contain bumpers, title screens, credits, or any other forms of creator and/or footage/audio identification. If a video contains any of these, they may either be re-encoded (decreasing the quality of the video) or disqualified from the competition at the discretion of the AMV organiser. The AMV organiser will play an AVCon branded slide with your name, AMV name and sourced content before your AMV is shown.
• At least 70% of the video must contain anime and/or video game footage.
• Videos must be of the individual’s creation, plagiarising other peoples work will not be tolerated and will result in bans from future competitions.
• By submitting an entry to AVCon, the video editor grants AVCon non-revocable permission to exhibit and distribute that work. The video editor otherwise retains all rights and responsibilities relating to its creation. The retention of all copyrights remains with the original holder of any and all copyrights.
The AMV organiser reserves the right to disqualify entries for any reason they see necessary to protect the overall quality and integrity of the event. These reasons can include by not be limited to:
• Not adhering to the Audio and Video requirements.
• Failure to conform to the rules.
By sending in an entry to the competition, you agree to all the rules listed above.
Video requirements:• We recommend that you encode your videos using the H.264 video codec, ideally using an AVI or MP4 container.• All submissions would preferably be at a resolution between 1024x768 and 1920x1080 with a recommended 25fps.• The video has to have an aspect ratio of either 4:3 or 16:9.• Video files have to have a video bit-rate between 1mbps and 2.5mbps. • Video files have to have a colour depth of 8-bit.• Video files submitted must be below 1GB.
Submission requirements:• Submissions can be submitted online via Dropbox (you will receive an email in response to your application allowing you access to the AMV competition folder). • Please send the best quality possible. Not meeting the requirements for your submission will result in it not being judged and excluded from the competition; it is more for your sake more than anything else.
Submissions: To make a submission, simply fill in and submit the form at the end of this document. Once your application is accepted you will be a sent an email giving you access to AVCon’s AMV Dropbox. Once the AMV organiser has received your entry in the Dropbox, downloaded it and confirmed that it works and adheres to all the rules and guidelines, you will be sent an additional email confirming your submission and place in the competition. Please allow up to 10 working days for a confirmation.
If you have difficulties uploading your AMV to Dropbox or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the AMV organiser via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.