$10.00 for second division
Green belt and below can compete in the Novice and Elite division
Brown Belt and higher can only compete in the Elite division
MEDICAL: Texas A&M University Emergency Medical Technicians
ELIGIBILITY: USA Judo
REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED IF COMPETITOR CAN NOT ATTEND BUT A $5.00 SERVICE FEE WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM REFUND
MAAPP Policy The Center for SafeSport has developed the Minor Athlete Prevention Policies (MAAPP) which USA Judo has adapted to our own sport. The MAAPP is a collection of proactive and training policies comprised of two parts; Education & Training Policy that requires training for certain Adult Participants and the Required Prevention Policies, focused on limiting one-on-one interactions between Adult Participants and Minor Athletes to prevent abuse. The full MAAPP policy can be found at www.usjudo.org
Any FULL-TIME student is eligible for the 2024 NCJA SW Regional Championships. This includes undergraduate and graduate students but the individual must not have competed in more than 4 NCJA SW Regional or 4 NCJA Championships.
Must provide proof of full-time enrollment
3 minutes – Novice
4 minutes –Elite
Divisions: Novice, Elite
Males: 60kg, 66kg, 73kg, 81kg, 90kg, 100kg, +100kg
Females: 48kg, 52kg, 57kg, 63kg, 70kg, 78kg, +78kg
BLUE AND WHITE SASHES WILL NOT BE PROVIDED
Novice and Elite Gold medalists receive a $50 discount to the 2024 NCJA Championships.
Only athletes from a registered NCJA institution are eligible for the discount.
NCJA Eligibility Criteria for the 2024 National Championships and Regional Conference Championships
Any FULL-TIME student is eligible for the 2024 NCJA SW Championships. This includes undergraduate and graduate student’s but the individual must not have competed in more than 4 NCJA Regional or 4 NCJA Championships.
Student must meet the following criteria:
1.Elite and Novice divisions – the student is a member in good standing with USA Judo (United States Judo Inc.). Proof of current membership card is required at registration.
2. Is currently enrolled as a full-time student in an undergraduate or graduate program as defined by their institution. The undergraduate student must carry no less than 12 units (1 unit = 1 semester hour or 1 quarter hour). Graduate students must carry no less than 9 units.
- a. An undergraduate student with eligibility in his/her final semester graduating at the end of term with less than 12 units is eligible for the championships.
- b. A graduate student with eligibility in his/her final semester graduating at the end of term with less than 9 units is eligible for the championships.
- c. All athletes must not have participated in more than 4
NCJA Regional or 4 NCJA Championships
- d. A student who graduated at the end of the first semester/term will be able to compete at the championships as long as they still have eligibility.
3. An individual student is eligible to compete on their own if there is not an existing club/team at the school.
4. Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate students - First year students may indicate "Incoming Freshman (IF)" under GPA requirement and will be considered eligible.
Ineligibility - The NCJA Eligibility Committee will judge all exceptions on merit with no guarantee of participation.
- a. If the student does not meet the unit standards required, then he/she becomes ineligible for competition until the student meets the unit standards.
- b. If it is determined that the student was ineligible prior to competition due to misrepresented or forged documents, then he/she will, at a minimum, forfeit any medal and ranking achieved by this championship and will lose one year of eligibility.
- c. Restoration of Eligibility. Any student that has been declared ineligible due to grades or unit requirements must apply for reinstatement to the Eligibility Committee of the NCJA.