Dividing Up Western Lands Submission Form
Your LAST name
Your FIRST name
Your class period
1. Which of the following laws helped divide up western lands in places like Ohio for orderly settlement?
Treaty of Paris
Land Ordinance of 1785
Declaration of Independence
2. The law above divided western lands into which of the following?
3. Which of the following best describes the size of a "township?"
1 x 1 mile
2 x 2 miles
5 x 6 miles
6 x 6 miles
4. How many "sections" were found in each township?
5. The 16th section of each township was reserved for which of the following?
6. Which of the following best estimates the size of an "acre"?
6 miles by 6 miles
the size of our classroom
the size of a football field
the size of a basketball court
7. How much money did an acre of land cost in the west?
8. Which of the following laws created a process for adding new states to the United States?
the Land Ordinance of 1785
the Declaration of Independence
the Northwest Ordinance
the Articles of Confederation
9. A piece of land which is part of the United States but is not a state is known as?
10. Which of the following was a state created within the Northwest Territory?
11. Settlers in the Northwest Territory enjoyed which of the following rights?
trial by jury
freedom of religion
free public education
all of these
12. Copy and paste the questions and your answers from #5 in part 2 of the assignment about the Land Ordinance of 1785 from your livebinder into the box below:
13. Copy and paste your vocabulary and definitions from part 3 of the assignment from your livebinder into the box below.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service